Topics to text about with nonchalant guy?

every time this guy and I text he always says stuff like yea, no, yup, lol, y. you know small talk. my sis said he nonchalant. so, what are some things I could say to him that will start a good conversation. I'm out of ideas!

Most Helpful Girl

• sometimes ill ask questions like if you were to have a super power what would it be, who do you respect the most, how many languages can you say Hi in. You can look questions up online. Stay away from questions that are too personal or could give them the wrong idea. Keep it light and fun. Most guys love it.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm definitely the nonchalant type over text. I I don't carry conversations through text. Nothing said could make me do otherwise. I find it tedious. If you want to talk try actually calling him or... wait for it... in person! Technology when it comes to interpersonal communication is evil.

• some people are like that, I never get more than two words out of my brother in a text. However you could try finding out what his hobby or whatever is, some guys just need the right topic to become voluble.

What Girls Said 1

• ask him open ended questions where yes/no is not an option.