I really like this girl, but she doesn't want to date in high school. What do I do?

I really like this girl who I am really close friends with. She is beautiful, smart, funny, nice, and anything else a guy could ever want, just she doesn't want to date anyone in high school. I have told her how I feel and she said she really appreciated me being straight up with her and she thought I was cute but she doesn't plan on dating in high school. I care about her a lot and really just want her to be happy but I also really want to be more than friends. I don't want to wait until college or after college because what if we go to different colleges and/or live in different places when we are out of college. What should I do? I have tried liking other girls but in the back of my mind I can't stop thinking about her and don't want to be with anybody but her. Please help. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what this girl is thinking kinda. I refuse to date in high school due to the fact that I've been hurt by my exes and I want a serious relationship. Most high school students don't. If she is thinking the same as me I would advise you to show her you aren't interested in her just for the hell of it. Show her you want something kinda serious but not too serious. Be there for her when she needs you and let her know she can talk to you anytime she needs. It really just depends on the individual so I would also recommend you get to know her and use your judgement on how to approach this. I wish you the best of luck and If you have any more questions, I'll try to help. :)

What Girls Said 1

• I suggest you try and spend more and more time with her, maybe even 'woo' her with the odd gift so she realizes how sweet you are, and be protecting etc.

Her parents may be protective etc.

tbh, I told my current boyfriend I didn't want to be in a reationship, and he worked even harder to try and get me (hard to get etc) and now we have been together for over a year and we are really happy. You just need to prove to her how much you would protect her and treat her etc. But at the same time give her some space as some guys can be jealous etc, just gotta be that 'cool' guy I guess! xx

• just make sure you aren't trying to be "cool" because I've realized that that just angers most chicks

• If I was to get her a gift, what would she like that she would keep and really like or find thoughtful or romantic that won't cost too much?

• I wouldn't get her a gift if I was you unless it's a funny private joke between you too. Maybe just treat her to a chocolate bar or something on the way home when you walk with her etc. "my treat" etc. it is sly and you can see her reaction and she will find it heart warming. xxx

What Guys Said 1

• Looks like you and me are stuck in the same boat, my friend. I am currently in high school, and in love with this girl, whom I've known for about 3 years and have become very close friends with her over that period of time. She does not want to date at the period of time, which is high school, and I could probably come up with a few good reasons why. A. Drama reasons, self-explanatory. B. She doesn't want to have the label as someone's girlfriend, which to be honest, I can understand, but at the same time, I can't, and/or C. Too many exes toying with her heart and breaking it into tiny little pieces. Like I said before, I've been in love with this girl for almost 2 years now, and here's the shocker: She's my best friend. I chose to respect her wishes to not date, and to be there for her, and so far, as far as our friendship goes, it's actually improved quite a bit. So just be there for her, although if you want a tip, don't smother her; give her space whenever she wants it or feels she needs it.