Women: what do you think of cafe as a first date?

i know a cafe is a much better first date than a movie (where you can't talk) or a nice restaurant (which comes off too strong for something casual as a 1st date).

But what would you suggest? Ice skating? Bowling? Mini golf? Indoor rock climbing?

• Really good
  • Okay
  • Lame

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer a casual place to eat. Just because I get very thirsty when nervous and you have something to fill the silent space that happens. Like a rib place, or tex mex place or such.

• so lets say we met in public for like 10 minutes. and you saw some possible interest in me, and you gave me your number. I called you, the phone call went well. we texted a few times, and those went wlell. and then a week later, I'd ask to go out to Steak&Ale, Applebee's, CharlieBrown's, or wherever for dinner. would you accept? would it feel comfortable or would you see dinner as too formal or too strong for your first meetup?

• Nope doing exactly that with a guy I met online. Granted I am having reservations not about meeting but about why he would like me as much as he states.

What Girls Said 6

• I like catching up for a drink and then if you you decide you like the other person it can turn into dinner. Cafe is a good ia too - I just don't drink coffee.

• I think that's a good idea. It keeps it casual yet still intimate.

• Something fun. Like ice skating or rollerblading

• I never liked anything more than a walk around the block for the first date. That way no guy spends any money and if there is no chemistry it was good to learn that in the brief walk.

• what about a walk in a park? or a walk in a town?

• Keep it short and close to home.

• i would be fine to go to normal places for first date. cafe is pretty normal.

• As someone who gets really nervous on dates, I would love that so much! It really takes the pressure off of it being a date.

What Guys Said 0