Is it a date if your invited to a party?

This guy and I have been flirting for the past few weeks and today he invited me to join him at his friend's birthday party next week. Since its a party I don't know if I should assume its a date... if its not, I would like to ask if I can invite a few friends.

Would it be weird if I asked if I can bring friends, or should I just assume its a date and not ask?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea sure! It's cool to ask him to bring friends! But this is NOT I repeat is NOT a date its kind of like apredate like going out for just drinks he's assessing how you act around his friends, in public, at a party, etc to see if your worth the money and commitment it would take to date you...but don't worry the fact he would even consider bringing you around his friends is a GREAT sign! You're pretty much already in, just keep being yourself and you'll be fine!

What Guys Said 1

• depends on the kind of party, is it like just a hang out party? or is it a drinky party, and are other people bringing people.

What Girls Said 1

• Even though it might not be a date (not saying that it isn't) - even asking to invite people to a birthdayparty is a bit rude.. Scratch that, it's rude. It's weird. Really weird.