Girls, would you date a younger guy? Guys, would you date an older girl?

If it is a conditional situation, state the conditions and why. Also please say how much younger or older you are willing to go.

If no, please state why.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably not. Most guys are immature so dating an even younger one could be a huge drag.

I like them to be my age. That is what feels right to me. Too much older and then I think they are immature old men.

• it seems tome you think all guys are immature.

• Yes it probably applies to you Bman94.

What Girls Said 16

• Well, I'd TOTALLY date James Gaisford, and he's like a year and a half younger than me... lol

Definitely, there are conditions. To me, age doesn't matter ALL that much, as long as he acts my age. I would probably date someone 17 at the youngest, but they'd have to be pretty mature. (I'm 19). Also, I'm not looking to date any time soon, so he wouldn't really be 17 anymore and the difference would be a bit less noticeable. I prefer guys who are either my age or slightly older, but again, it's all about maturity level.

• I am 27. but for me age is just a number as long as the guy is a good person, understand me and is capable of a committed relationship. I'd stay away from guys younger than 18 for legal reasons.

• Hell yes!

I'm not applied to the theory that older guys are more "mature" and can take relationships seriously. The times I dated older guys, it goes was all the way around, really disappointing. They already had kids, a steady job, and another things that seem mature and cool for them. All they wanted was a one night stand and act like teenager in nightclubs. Is that mature?

I don't think so. I want someone who is responsible and are in the same place as I am right now even if he is younger/older. What matters is not the age, but the character.

• I have dated younger...

I was 19, he was 16/17...

• Yes, I'd date a younger guy, given that he's only a year or two younger than me. I have actually dated a younger guy, he was one year younger, it was fun, he really did treat me right. My main condition is that we're in the same place in life.

• I have dated a younger boy! I will never do it again.

Plain and short.. young guys are really, really fun to hang out with.. when everything is going good.. but when it's time to wind down and be somewhat serious, a little maturity is a nice thing to have.

I've always been naturally drawn to older men. I think it's because we can naturally get along, emotionally and mentally as well.

• Don't know why you were downvoted for this lol, it was a simple answer. Maybe because the people didn't like how you implied all younger guys are immature and were thinking some old guys could even be very immature so you shouldn't quite base it on age, which is a fair comment if you think about it. Ah well. :P

• Well it's alright. I just reread it and I did word it wrong. If a guy younger than me is not immature and can handle a real/long-term relationship, I would give him a chance. But I was being honest, since about 85% of the guys younger than me are not that way.. so I figure it's highly unlikely. lol Thanks though, at least you understood what I meant. =)

• I generally date around 4 years younger. This time I went 8 I think that's as young as I will go though.

• I cannot date a younger guy. I can't even get myself to like a guy that's younger than me at all. Like, even if the guy is a day younger than me, I can't do it. I suppose it's just a turn off for me.

For older guys, I can't imagine dating someone older than or the same age as my sister because he would probably be able to relate more to her than me. So, I can't date anyone younger and no one that's older than be by three years.

• I dated 2 younger guys and it ended terrible with me getting hurt. Younger guys aren't as settled down as I am. They are a great time to hang out with but for a full blown relationship its better not to go down that road. In the early stages they are normally great but once you hit the 5 month mark their interest dies down and they are ready to see what else is out there.

• Yeah, right now I'm only 17 so I can only go to like 15, I could imagine myself dating a 19 year old when I'm like 27or sumthin'. I know for a fact that if I don't get married by a certain age, I will end up a cougar. >.>

• I would only date a guy only one year younger than me. I'm definitely not attracted to younger guys but if I was, he could be no younger than one year. If he was younger than one year it would be awkward and there would be no attraction from me.

• depends how much younger because we might be in different life fases I think 5 years is the most I could handle

• for sure I would, I like young guys but not to to young

• It really depends on the guy, who he is as a person.

• Nooooooooooo, because they're like my little brothers!

• OH, when I'm 90 years old, I'll think about it. HAHA XD

• i dated a guy that was a few days younger than me, and I also dated a guy that was about a year younger than me

What Guys Said 15

• Generally I prefer younger girls, however based on my experience with women, I'm starting to become more open minded to older women. At least for another few years. I'm 24 and I find most girl around my age range or younger are just way to immature. Especially because for a 24 year old, I'm more mature than my peers (or so I'm consistently told). As a result I feel more like I'm 34 not 24. Putting two and two together, dating a girl who is say 22, feels like a 34yr old dating 22yr old. Things don't usually turn out very pretty .

So again, I prefer younger girls, but would be open minded to a girl who is slightly older than me.

• i answered yes but I'm not really that interested in dating an older women , there might be some that I'd find attractive but most of those would be allready married type of girls so there not even available . I doubt many of the older singles would be interested in dating me anyways

• To the poll: yes.

I have to add:

Women here are all about dating older guys, but I get a lot of "too old" and "too serious" from girls (like only 3 years younger than me). What's up with that then?

• I almost exclusively date older women. I'm almost 23 and the oldest woman I have dated was 30.

I just get along with them better. They have their act together and don't play games. They are mature, experienced, and have way less drama than girls my age.

• i'm 20. I'd date an older woman (like even in the 30's), but if the difference is over 5 or 10 years, I just don't think its good for the long term, you know?

• Yeah f*** it.

• Of course, whether they're older or younger is stupid.

Also, I'd like to point out how women are (atm according to the poll) more shallow.

• lol I'd also like to point out how men usually are intrigued by older women, so therefore more likely to say yes! =P just saying!

• and by selective, I mean that we like to date guys whom we can see ourselves with in the future!

• even looks won't matter much to many guys. Hell, especially since what looks good to people is subjective and there are so many guys who like different things.

Guys do want a girl to be compatible with, but we know you don't know that until you actually TALK to the person and hang out with them and learn about them. The age difference and even the age is an illogical way to determine anything. Age can give caution, but shouldn't be a thing to judge on.

• Yes definitely. I'm 18. I'd maybe date a 21 year old. It'd be fun :)

• i dated a girl who was 3 years older then me. over 3-4 older is fine. anything older (as long as she do able) than that would probably be a short term relationship

• Absolutely. I have and would again.

Actually, up until recently, I refused to go out with younger girls...

• LOL up until just this year, I ONLY dated older women...

• Yes, but only a few years older.

• Id date an older woman up to 3-4 years older then me (22 :) )

• I have and will date older women - I just look for someone for established and driven- or mature.

• Not anymore. I'm 29 / m and I did try dating a girl one year older than me a year ago. I was already finding myself attracted to mostly younger women at the time but she was an exception. But it was a disaster. It just doesn't work for me. I hadn't dated much in undergrad nor did I for a few years out. Mainly because I went to a mainly all guys school and worked in the middle of no where following that. I've been living in cities for the past couple years and finally have many opportunities.

But I've found that women my own age or older have dated a lot of guys, lots of baggage and are looking to get out of the dating game and settle down, maybe have children soon. Are loosing their energy, etc... In addition the dating pool is much smaller at my age with regard to women. It's something I cannot relate to as I feel I'm still in the early stages of serious dating and ramping up my social life.

So for those reasons it's just not a good fit for me. I ended up in a circle of friends of undergraduate age this summer and the chemistry with many of the girls was very good and I felt much more comfortable going out with those 19-25 than those 26-30. And friendship wise I thought it would be hard to get along with the guys as guys in that age range are more immature than the girls but I have to say they became good friends as well. So I'm pretty open with the ages of my friends, they range from teens to 40's but for dating I feel most comfortable with women 4-10 years younger than me. 10 years sometimes sounds like a lot to me but it seemed to be good chemistry both ways. I guess it's just biology.