What constitutes proper attire for a first date?

Usually on the first date, I like to wear jean slacks, a plain black shirt and boots. Regardless if the date is at a movie theater, mall, park, restaurant, starbucks, etc .. That includes time too, it's irrelevant. I just don't like to dress up for a first date.

And by proper attire, I mean the type of clothes you wear that reflect a relaxed vibe and a good first impression?

0|0
5|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Jeans, a non "athletic" shirt and shoes that aren't sneakers. All of his clothes should fit well and be clean/not wrinkled. He should smell good ... or at least not bad.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I guess it depends where your date is in a more open relaxed place like the park or mall id say dress comfortable but not sloppy

0|0
    0|0
  • The casual llok

0|0
    0|0
  • A suit

0|0
    0|0
  • Just wear something that you would usually wear. What you described sounds perfect.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Its a pretty standard casual outfit ... suitable for any of the places you mentioned, all of which are casual.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to dress over the top. Nice jeans and shirt and clean shoes. Make sure the shoes have no marks and that they're not dirty.

0|0
    0|0