I can't get a boyfriend because I'm too spoiled by my dad?

I'm 21 and I've never get into a serious relationship.Today the idea comes to me that it may because I'm too spoiled by my dad.

My dad always get me whatever I want, so I have some habits that may do harm to college dating--- I 'm very organic and I can't stand fast food restaurant(where the most college couple hangout)~ I have expensive hobby like scuba diving and traveling(find few people to share)~ and I think buses and shuttles are gross (so taxi we have to take each time going out).

My dad and I are very good friends and we make a call everyday.While sometimes the boy I was seeing didn't even bother to text me everyday.

So whenever I 'm seeing someone I just can't help but compare the way he treats me to the way my dad treats me and the boy loses every time.

For example last time a guy I was seeing give me a Swarovski necklace as a gift and I knew I was supposed to look happy when I opened it .But I can't even faking a happy face because I'm used to getting much better gifts from my dad.

I come from a middle class, so it's not like I go to school with a Louis Vuitton handbag,but I did realize that I'm a little bit too spoiled.

I had dated someone who is 12 years older than me(looks very young ) and I think he is better than college boys.So sometimes I think should I just try to date someone older?

Does anyone else ever had this kind of problem? Is it because of me being ridiculous? How can I fix it? Or should I just stop dating college boys.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I really think it's not fair of you to expect guys to measure up to your Dad. Imagine seeing a guy you like and having to compete with his Perfect Mother all the time. Parents have a different role in our life than our partners and you don't need a replacement for your Dad, you need to build a different - romantic, sexual, emotional - relationship with your partner. If you continue having that attitude, you might eventually build a wall around you that will stop you from connecting to people. Why not get out of you comfort zone? Seriously, why not try a bus drive lol? Or wear a Swarovski for a day? What's the worst that could happen? Are relationships for you really about expensive hobbies and necklaces? Why not measure your compatibility with someone based on how much fun you're having together? On chemistry, on heart connection? I say forget about all the rules you've built up in your head, and be more spontaneous, more open-minded, more willing to try different approaches and things when it comes to love.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you're a bitch syndrome to me

What Girls Said 1

• You are beginning to sound like a real bitch and guys will do their best to avoid that like the plague!