After how many dates, do you think a relationship starts to get serious?

This is a question that they just asked on family feud, and the

number one answer was 3, does that sound right to you?

I'm single, and have never had a boyfriend or been on a date before. However, I feel like 3 dates is little too soon to start getting

serious with someone. Like I told my mom, I'm 25 and I'm only gonna get older, but more importantly I'm at the point in my life

where I'm looking for the person to spend the rest of my life with. So,

I'd need more then 3 dates to determine that and I'm not gonna get serious with someone, that might not be right for or me for him.

I just need to make sure it's right, before a make any commits. That's just me though.

So, what do you think is the proper amount of dates, before you get serious with

someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the majority of people going for relationships aren't looking to sell their lives to a person. Just have another individual around for an extended period of time. 3 dates is for sex, and/or deciding maybe this person is a good fit, etc, etc.

When the vast majority of the secular world says "getting serious" when it comes to relationships they're talking about making things official, having sex, and maybe looking into the future a bit. Not "well I've found the one and only, time to get married.

What Guys Said 3

• People have different definitions of what "serious" is, so there really isn't a right answer. Some people think the third date means sex. I certainly wouldn't say the third date means serious in a more meaningful context.

Personally I would consider getting serious as 10 dates or more (don't have to be traditional def. of date), multiple sexual encounters, and mutual good feeling about the state of the relationship.

• If after 37 dates there is no kiss or talking of getting serious just don't panic link

• 8 and a half minutes link

• Okay, and that anwers my question how?

• No, I'm not on here 24/7. I'm on here at various times durring the day, but I know I can't be the

only one that's on here a lot, so how come your criticising them for the same thing?

• How come I am criticising others? As I said I was not trying to be a jerk. I was just curious as to why I know for a 100% fact that if I pop on here at 10 am or 10 pm you will be on gag. I just thought it was strange because you ask a lot of dating questions. Do you ever leave your home? Are you sick?

What Girls Said 1

• I also think three dates is too soon to jump into a relationship, your still getting to know them and that wouldn't be enough time fore me. But then again that's a subjective question because its different for everyone. The number doesn't matter its about the connection you have, how long it takes you to get to know them well enough, have experiences and see how they react in various circumstances. The first few dates are like an interview, most people put their best foot forward. It takes time to peel back the layers. People rushing into relationships is one of the biggest reason why relationships end.