Guys can you get over a girl if you date someone else right afterwards?

Ive been dating this guy for about two months now but we texted all the time for the last four or five. Today I heard he started texting me immediately after his ex broke up with him. And that he said(when we first started texting) that he didn't even like me. I really like him now and since its been a while I'm wondering if he could be over his ex since were dating. So have you gotten over an ex by dating someone else and could he really like me now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rebound alert. It could work, but your odds are not good, unfortunately. The way that things beguine is oddly important for people, and it sounds like he might well be rebounding off you.

This is a hard one. I would say find some way to talk with him about it, may not be possible. It may not even be worth talking about, really, as its nearly impossible to mention without risking insulting him.

I hate to say this (take it with as much salt as you wish), but maybe distance yourself from him just a little and see what happens.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it's called a rebound and it always ends miserably for the girl. He, like everyone else needs time to heal and repair after the relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• youre a rebound