Tips for a new college student on existing relationships?

So, I just started college a few weeks ago, and I am currently in a relationship with a girl back home, who is a high school junior. I have been dating her for a year and four months, she is the only girl I have ever dated, and I have loved every minute of it. But now that I'm at college, and I'm meeting new people, I feel as though I would really like to date other people, see what it's like, and whatnot. On the other hand, I love the girl I'm with, and I don't want to lose her. But I feel like if I stay with her, I'll always wonder what dating other girls would be like; but if I break up with her, and I never find anyone who I love like her, I'll always regret that. I would just like some other people's thoughts on this. Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• She may be the only girl you've ever dated and your first love but for those same reasons you're gona break up anyway tht just how it is...you'll love again the same, you'll have greater loves date total bitches have regrets and the time of your life thts colleges, thts your 20s...trust its happening to me as we speak as it happens to everyone...its just life bro ...so advice I can give DONT break up because you feel pressure to break up only if the relationship has run its course or if you just aren't happy. Because good ones are hard to find ...I repeat GOOD RELATIONSHIPS ARE HARD TO FIND! Only end things with this girl if you aren't happy or in love anymore. Good luck!

What Girls Said 5

• i have a boyfriend back at home and were both in college, I really love him though and can honestly, as cheesy as this sounds, never imagine finding a guy as good as him. everyone else seems to pale in comparison, so no I don't think for me personally it would be worth it to break up with him. I've been with other guys, none as serious as him though, he's the only person I've had sex with. this is a question you're going to have to ask yourself- is it worth it? no one on here can tell you, I also thought about all the guys here I can date and experience, and that it would be so much more convenient if I had a boyfriend here, but I love my boyfriend too much, I don't think I can let go :(

• Yeah it's not really a good idea to go into college with a relationship cause college is like an eye candy buffet and you meet people from ALL OVER.

I say you should probably just end it with her and get all your demons out, people now a days don't have patients anyways so I am sure she'll understand.

It's better than you staying with her and then later messing up and cheating on her.

• I totally agree. You need to see what else is out there and enjoy your first years of college as a single person, as opposed to possibly cheating on her at some point.

• I understand where you're coming from here, but I absolutely WILL NOT ever cheat on any woman. That's not one of my concerns.

• But the fact that you are even asking this question suggests to me that you are uncertain about your stance on your current relationship. Sure you won't cheat but if you keep thinking like this things will become, how should I say, stale.

• You can't be selfish. You just have to tell her the truth. You may loose her, and you may not. But you have to be honest with yourself.

• You should be talking to her about this, honestly. That's what a health relationship would be like, communication is key obviously. Dumping her to date other women, is a dumb idea.

• Sounds like your gonna have regrets either way so which is the lesser of two evils. You decide.

What Guys Said 0