Is dating as a teen a bad idea?

All the guys I've been out with only seem to have one thing on their mind. My last boyfriend was 19 and he seem to be really h*rny. Do all male teens only date for se*ual pleasure? How rare would it be to find someone who's not? Are guys still like this when they're older?

Most Helpful Girl

• Teenage guys = horny bastards. That's just hormones speaking. But there are guys who manage to control these hormones like true masters and of course there are teen guys who also have morals so no. Not all male teens date for pleasure. It all depends on the type of guy and their personal values or their lack of values for that matter. Not all guys will try and push you to get satisfied but the trick is finding those guys. Usually you can see quite early on in the relationship/friendship whether they are going to be one of those horny boys. They'll ask questions like whether you're a virgin, what underwear you are wearing and the furthest you have gone. These are good indications on what is on their brain. Like I said, even the seemingly innocent and good guys will probably be sexual animals in their heads but they'll be able to resist the urge much better and won't actually go as far as doing something up about it. I'm not a guy but I do have a lot of guy friends and we always share information like this to know how the opposite gender works. They all agreed that deep down they think about sex all the time but some of them manage to hide this or won't jump on any girl for the sake of their hormones. I wouldn't say it's rare to find those guys. You just need to look at the right places. Going to a club for example is going to get you a better chance at getting horny guys. So are classic teen parties. So watch out for that. As for whether guys are still so horny when they're older. I can't answer to that unfortunately because I'm not a guy but I can say that all the older guys that I know never seem to ask the pervy questions like the younger guys tended to and seemed much more relaxed/ less pushy. All in all dating as a teen isn't really a bad thing or a good thing. There's good and bad. It all comes down to finding the right guy for you and you can very much find that guy in high school. Don't place all of them under the same umbrella.

What Guys Said 5

• It's not a bad idea so long as you accept that in all likelihood, the relationship may not lead to marriage. As long as you don't get too deep into it, you should be fine. You are at a very developmental and vulnerable stage of your life, which is why I am very against teenagers having sex.

Not all teenaged guys date just for sex. Honestly though, I couldn't accurately tell you what percentage do and don't. The reality is that girls do mature faster than guys. At your age, it may seem like guys never grow up, but most do.

• A wise man once told me: "All men are dogs, some are just better trained."

It's true that all men date for sexual pleasure, but usually as they get older they come to see other qualities for dating too, such as humor, companionship, intelligence, and dare I say it... Love. At your age, hormones are going crazy for boys and it makes it hard to date them because they do in fact have only one thing on their mind for the most part. But I assure you it will get easier with time.

• We can't help it, at that age our hormones are running wild, they are out of control! The wind blows to hard and we get an erection... so yes, to answer your question, it can get complicated fast at this age. You have too many things on your plate to worry about dating... this is where a mistake can ruin a lot of years of your life. Dreams can no longer be met at times. So be careful, and keep asking these questions.. to yourself mostly, you have that little voice inside you, your gut feelings won't let you down. That first gut felling usually is the right one. It made you ask this question on here didn't it?

• Don't bother trying to get a guy that doesn't want to get in your pants, they are very rare. You have to look for the guy that doesn't *just* want sex with you. Our hormones drive us crazy horny during our teenage years. So even a guy that really likes you and wants a girlfriend, will still try to get laid asap.

Best thing to do is make it clear to them that they're not getting any for a while. If they move on to another girl, you'll have clarity. If they stay, they're probably worth it.

• Depends what you have to offer. If all you are is something pretty and there is nothing else interesting about you then don't get surprised of the results.

• I think I'm more than just a pretty face. I have a decent personality but guys I like can't see that because I get really nervous around them. Either that or I'm drained like I usually am.

What Girls Said 1

• Rare if they didn't.

VERY RARE lol

Yeah...

It's not really a bad idea because it does give you experience with communication and what to look out for next time. It's basically a learning experience that allows you to see what happens when you do certain things wrong, same with the guy you'd be dating... that's helpful.

I guess you have to ask yourself how much self-control and common sense you have. I'd say it's not a bad idea if you don't push any boundaries or go against your parents suggestions/rules and don't date a bad guy and by this I mean someone who genuinely doesn't care about you and pretends he does.

If all you can see are guys who want sex first and foremost, forget about them.

Think about school as well, do you have time? What are your priorities going to be like? Do you have enough funds to go places with him? Do you work?