Guys: Do you like to text a girl you are dating?

I get some guys saying that some guys don't like texting in general, even if they like the girl, is this true?

I am confused with the guy I am dating. He hardly initiates, but I understand he is busy. Just afraid he isn't that into me. Take my poll if you want.

• I don't like texting even if I like the girl.
  • I do like texting the girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys do not like to have CONVERSATIONS via text (and no one should! Texting is HORRIBLE!). Guys are "goal-oriented", so they are okay with short messages:

"Need me to pick you up later? 7pm?"

But they don't want to have a big long back-and-forth. Remember: most guys multitask POORLY, and so if they are texting, they usually can't do anything else, and guys often have stuff to do when they aren't with you. Girls multitask much better, so they can text while they do 3 other things, but a guy has to come to a complete stop to text.

So, concentrate on talking to him face-to-face as much as possible, ESPECIALLY any and all relationship issues, which should ALWAYS be done face-to-face. When you aren't together, if something can't wait and you want a conversation, CALL him, don't text. Keep texting for VERY short issues that need minimal replies.

Guys will often text with a girl at the beginning of a relationship, because they are trying to "get the girl." Once you are together, expect that to fall WAY off, because his goal was accomplished. It doesn't mean he likes you any less, it just means you're in a different phase of your relationship with him.

• a complete Stop to text hehe I like that lol

• i was asking myself same thing ... I met a guy nd he was texting more often at the beginning but now he seems to make less often ... I don't blame him, I know he is busy, but even if I want to talk with him he doesn't answer me... he likes to do that when he is free nd it frustrates me :(

• I totally agree. Guys don't talk as much as girls anyway. I've never had a guy text me first just to tell me some story like this " Guess who I ran into today? it was... and he told me that ... and ..." just for the heck of conversing. When we are in person that is when all the conversing comes out of him and even then its won't be like he just couldn't wait to tell it to me but he was saving it because he rather not text. If just happens to remember then he will tell me that particular story

What Guys Said 9

• I love texting because I'm a huge multi-tasker, whether I'm talking to a girl I'm dating or just a friend. Otherwise, I hate cell phones period and my preferred method of communication is face to face. Lots of people hate texting, and sometimes it takes them a while to reply or they'll avoid it completely. Don't base his attraction for you on texting, rather look to see how well you two click when you're together and talking in person.

• I prefer everything face to face more, not a big fan of texting. It varies between guys but I would prefer just talking, if anything maybe facechat or Skype. But in person would be better with a girl I was dating, also seen quite a few questions here where the guy says something in a text, nothing really extreme, simple things like (hope you had a good day), (Can't wait to hangout tomorrow) and the girl just stops all communicationg with them, would rather just say whatever face to face instead of that kind of dumb crap.

• It varies from guy to guy but I think the older we are the less inclined we are to text. I'm 25 (not remarkably old) and I don't mind sending the occasional message to see how you're doing or to make plans for later but I don't particularly care to hold extended conversations via text.

• Yes, I would text. I'm very unsure when it comes to how much and how often, but it wouldn't be all the time for sure. I'd like to converse in person rather than over text.

• I like texting the girl, but other guys don't. It depends on the guy. For me though, I won't initiate much if 1) I'm not that into her or 2) I'm into her but she rarely initiates.

• I hate texting. It's so stupid. Just talk on the damn cell phone. If you aren't in a situation where you can talk, then you shouldn't be texting either.

• Nope..too old to be retrained..,still like to hear her voice...(:(:(:

• I wouldn't really mind texting a girl just as long as she doesn't text me a billion times a day. The only time it probably would bother me is if I was working and she texts me alot. Cause all it does is make my day longer when I have to stop and text her back all the time.

• The majority of girls I've dated sent me more texts than I reciprocated, mainly because most were very trivial and I didn't see a need to perpetuate such dialog in our relationship. Although, I do text them, sometimes first, but do not have the need to text them 15 times in one day because I tend to express myself more concisely.

What Girls Said 0