People online are more judgmental than people in real life?

Do you agree or not?

I know lots of people say "I have more online friends than real life friends", "Being online is easier than real life" etc...

Personally, after almost 7 years of surfing the net. Going on almost every chat room I could find I found that people on the internet are very rude. I could go on a chat room and the first thing PM I get says "Are you hot?" or "Post your pic" and as soon as you do if you're not good looking people will start dissing you.

In real life (Well mine anyway) I never got these kind of rude comments. People who are hot or not can get dates. It's not an issue. When I turned 15 I decided to stop going on chat rooms for a while, I realized real life (social wise) is so much easier. Online people are just bitchy, depressed, judgmental and bitchy.

What you guys think? I am 17 going on 18. Yes I've been using the internet since I was 11 years old.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they aren't. They just express it more, with a feeling they are anonymous, they are complete a**holes irl, they just hide it behind a fake face.

Also, you're on a chat room, those are FILLED with horny pedophiles and 40 year old men mainly, that's your first mistake. People are going to be much more brazen about stuff online, it is easier to meet people and hangout/talk with them online. Depending what you do, I meet tons of people who play the same games, not creepy chatrooms, so a lot of the time I will be talking on Skype or ventrillo with them about whatever.

Also, if some guy asks for your picture the first moment he finds out you're a girl, he's probably not someone you want to talk with lol.

• I agree. Chat rooms are freaking creepy. Too many people take too seriously though, like some get butt hurt and sh*t if you tell me them "to go away" It's crazy. It's one of the main reasons I don't go on chat rooms anymore (Well I still go on sometimes when I can't sleep and need a laugh)

• Lol I know a lot of people who spread viruses through chatrooms, because apparently the amount of pedophiles on those is pretty shocking.. I don't know an online game might be the best way to meet people who aren't batsh*t crazy.

• Oh yes! Paedos are on every chat room. It's freaking scary. I've been to one chat room that posted kiddy p*rn. I kept on reporting it until the feature of posting pictures was removed.

The thing is, I'm a PC gamer. Even if the game allows me to play online, I wouldn't. It's just not my thing.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, because they don't ahve to face you in real life, so they can be as brutal as they want to. Plus, the fact that their only identity to you is a screen name, so you are even less real to them.

• Nah I think we're all judgmental, we just don't say it out loud in real life because it's not socially acceptable.

• No sh*t we are.

But I just find that when it comes to the internet, everyone is just too damn confident and full of crap.

• Ey, you're the one that said "do you agree or disagree?"

• Sorry, I didn't read what you typed correctly.

Ignore me lol.

• well yeah. online there is a great pool to choose from but approaching someone in real life is so much trouble for many. plus they know it's rude but online they just don't care.

at least you did not do something crazy like posting nude

• I find the opposite. People online are deeper and more down to earth than in real life.

I think basically being online lets people act differently, put on a persona, or voice things they think in real life but for whatever reason don't say. There are MANY things said on forums IMO that don't correlate with real life. I think it's just people airing their ideal, or what society or humanity considers the ideal, but of course as humans are fallible an ideal that is seldom met.

• Of course people are more brave online. It is easy as you are only confronted with typed words.

• Yes. They don't have to look you in the eye.

What Girls Said 5

• Of course they are.

The internet allows one to create a fantasied reality of themselves; if in real life you are the nerdy, quiet, can't get laid, not so good looking person - well people don't know that of you through a computer screen. You can create yourself to be this big shot, super cool person, or super mean, rude troll - when in real life you couldn't insult a fly or aren't nearly as big balled as you put yourself out to be.

Plus, some people love getting a rise out of others on the internet by saying mean things. You can't do anything to them but just insult back or block them, so it's a free pass to be an ass.

It's kind of sad people have more online friends than real life friends - I don't even count online friends as actual friends - your just an associate I communicate with here and there - maybe via xbox or some sh*t if we're playing the same game. While there has been some really cool people I could potentially be real friends over the internet - I harness no deeply profound connection with online friends that can only be established in real time.

Anywho -

This is why the computer can be an addiction and why so many people develop that addiction; for that time your on the internet, you don't have to be yourself or take BS from anyone else as you would in real life.

• I agree with you, people I talk to on the internet are just... I don't know there I guess, I don't count them as friends at all. But I've noticed some serious chat room addicts take everything seriously online. It's like they've never had friends in real life (Which I'm pretty sure is sadly true).

It's also funny because to be honest, who I am online is the same as who I am in real life. I am very happy that's the I turned out to be. LOL

• Yes, because they are not facing you and they know that you will never meet them. They feel that they can say whatever they want without having consequences.

• Well I do think it can bring the truth out of people, see them for what they really are. Or it's a good way to have fun indoors on hot days like we've being having :(

• agree. This site and others breed internet balls. By that I mean you have the balls to say it online but not to anyones face lol... the internet breeds trolls and pathetic people who self hate and it comes out

• Maybe, maybe not.

I think people are simply more vocal about their judgments online than they are in real life.