Date told me he wanted to be exclusive and then asked other girls out?

Basically I've been dating a guy I met on a dating site for about 6 weeks. We finally slept together at the weekend and I told him I'd been really hurt by my ex so wasn't looking for anything serious.

He text me saying he wanted to be exclusive and that I had him all wrong etc... so I relented.

I was round at his earlier and he'd left his laptop open and he sent a message to a girl asking her out. This was after his big speech. I feel so sad/angry. What should I do? He doesn't know I saw it

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you should see other people too if he is doing so. you guys obviously are not exclusive or comitted. Also maybe since you are not looking for anything serious he might actually be, so he is always gonna be open to meeting someone who is and when he finds that someone, he is gonna drop you.

What Guys Said 2

• You have NOT established a relationship so he does not owe you anything what so ever even if you had sex. Anything he did prior to your agreement is his business and none of yours but if he did it after you had sex and agreed then understand what he is saying is 'if you have sex with someone else we are not having sex again'. I know that is not clear from his end verbally but that is what he meant at that moment...in living in the present moment you can say to him'let me be clear from my end. You can do as you wish but if you get physical with another woman the agreement becomes voided automatically from my end'. That he will appreciate and you will be respected without forcing the issue where it should not be when you hsave not established anything beyond a sexual relationship...for now.

• Like I said, he asked this girl out a day after we agreed to be exclusive

• Well obviously then he was trying to find out whether you were seeing other men or not and NOT really requesting exclusivity. The idea of being a serial monogamist most likely appeals to him but not being a face in the crowd. Ironically though he is probably in stage of his life where the thrill of the possibility of gaining lots of 'opportunities' through the date site is appealing and maybe more then being in an affair. It gets addictive to see what one could do with date sites...

• Same thing happens to me all of the time hun - wish I could help

What Girls Said 2

• First of all, you met this kid on a dating site? that's not the smartest idea, you have no idea who the person really is, people can pretend to be something their not. Second having sex with him was also wrong, may I remind you that you met him off a dating site? you don't know if he is clean down there. Third, you should tell him exactly what you have seen, and drop him. He's obviously not worth your time.

• ok whilst I appreciate your comment, please do not patronise me when it comes to safe sex. Simply meeting someone off a dating site does not mean they are carrying an STI, the amount of people who pick up a one night stand, and I'm judged for sleeping with a guy who id been dating for 6 weeks?! Second of all big deal if I met him on a dating site? Obviously I used to use it and I've never cheated or been a player so please don't label all users as automatic sleaze bags

• that shows he's a liar! you can't trust him.