How to approach this first date?

So I met this guy a little over a week ago after being introduced by a mutual friend, and at the end of the day he asked me for my number. He friended me on Facebook, and I texted him first a little over two days later, and we've been texting since. We had a two hour Skype chat on Saturday night, and agreed to meet and hang out next Saturday. Neither of us have called it a date.

He know that I'm interested in him and I like him, but I don't know how he feels because he's never said any thing. I'm 21 and I've never been on a date before, though he doesn't know that. I'm worried because he knows that I like him and I don't know if he likes me, and I'm nervous that he only asked for my number/agreed on a meet up since our mutual friend is my best friend, and his best friend's girlfriend.

Help?

Am I coming on too strong by always being the first person to initiate texting? I always want to hold off and see if he'll text me first, but I can never help it.

What Guys Said 2

• not considering it a date might be a good idea , I'd sort of use it as an oppurtunity to get a feel for if it has any potential or not . its a chance to see what he's like in real life and if you and him are actaully compatible . its sort of like a test drive . I'm sure he must be somewhat interested in you or he wouldn't of asked for your number

• maybe consider this first thing just hanging out, but if he's showing a fair amount of interest in you then I would consider that a date. just chilax and have a good time.

What Girls Said 0