How should I respond to his apology?

About a month ago I texted a guy I thought I was friends with and he completely blew up at me. He told me I was a terrible person, there was no point in talking to me, etc. I cried for like 30 minutes. He said a lot of uncalled for things. He even deleted me off Facebook. Now ten minutes ago he messaged me a paragraph apologizing. I want to respond but I don't know how. He said a lot of nasty mean things that I didn't deserve. And why is he even thinking about it a month later.. What took so long?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I think you should respond to his message because you might look back and think my life might be different if I had just replied to his message. If I was in your position, I know for sure I would respond even if its just yelling at him. This is your decision to make. It also all depends on what type of friendship you had with him? Were you's really close or just friends? You asked how should you respond to his apology, ask him why has it taken him so long and ask him all the questions that you are asking us and the ones that are blanked out (the ones you don't have an answer to)? He might have taken so long to apologize because he might not have realized what he had lost until now, there could be numerous reasons that only he knows. So this might be an important question that you need an answer too. Ask him why he said the things he said to you and tell him they really hurt you. If the friendship that you's two had meant a lot to him, I don't think he would of said the things he had said. And if this friendship you have with him means a lot to you, you will respond to his message. The only way to get truthful answers is by responding to his message. Hope all goes well for you.

What Guys Said 4

• I guess it depends on what this guy means to you. Is there anything there even worth the effort? If he's nothing to you anyway, save yourself the aggravation and forget him. But if this is a friendship/relationship you want to save, then I'd at least give him the chance to explain his despicable behavior. Good luck.

• There's no need to do anything. You don't need someone like that in your life regardless of the reason behind it.

• just ignore him... he may have a hidden agenda...

• TIP: to find out that "hidden agenda" see the answer below!

• fu*k him. don't even respond. seriously.

What Girls Said 2

• Just be calm yet distant.don't easily believe his words just be like "ok appreciate it" but he's not gonna be at friend status where he was beforehe did that either.he has his motives for apologizing, and it's probably not cause he's truly remorseful

• Just delete it and never look back :L