Is there any race that you consciously choose NOT to interracially date? Why do you do so?

The topic of do you date inter-racially, or "stick with your own kind", has been beaten to death on this site or elsewhere.

BUT, a topic that has NOT been touched upon much at all, is people who are open to interracial dating:

but consciously choose to NOT BE OPEN TO DATING ALL RACES.

As in, they consciously choose to not date people of a certain race, but are open to dating other races, including their own.

Ex: this person meets somebody that they find attractive of another race and finds him/her intriguing, and the only reason they don't pursue that person is because he/she is [insert race here]. In essence, the person's race is the only "roadblock" to dating them.

---

Are you, or anyone else you know, open to interracial dating in general, but consciously exclude certain races in your / their "interracial dating options"?

Why do you / they automatically eliminate somebody as a dating option although you / they found them attractive and intriguing?

------------

Be as detailed as you wish in your answer (I know reasons for this can vary greatly and have different origins).

P.S. Guess the pokemon! :-D

Most Helpful Girl

• Black girls/guys will be the general consensus

Most users on here are white and only like whites & most of the non-whites on here only like non-whites

That said, I don't consciously choose not to date guys of any particular race. But I don't often mingle with middle eastern or Indian guys, so I'm limited. Though, Arab-American guys are ridiculously attractive. I'd date one, given the opportunity.

Oh, nevermind, I lied. Although I'm biracial, I don't particularly like guys who are mixed with black/white. They're usually cocky & full of themselves

• i disagree actually. I am predicting black girls and Asian guys will be the consensus...guess well have to wait and see haha

• well, for me, I'd only be reluctant to date a black women just because I am not big at all down there, so I worry she would laugh after seeing all the huge endowed black guys.

And though I'm white, its the white women why I got my screenname lol.

100% agree about mid eastern men. Growing up in that part of the world, I've heard many non-Arab women say the same thing.

• yeah, you're right, all black women care about is penis size

good job on proving my point

What Girls Said 4

• I'm open to interracial dating but as a black girl I find myself more attracted to white guys. That doesn't mean I wouldn't date a guy of any other race, because I look for a connection on a personal level as the main criteria, not skin color.

• I guess I don't have these limitations. I had crushes on Caucasians, Turkish, Russian, white Americans... I also knew a black guy who I'd easily have a crush on if he hadn't been 10 years older than me.

• I've done interracial dating before, but I specifically avoid dating black men... why? because in my city they seem to all fit the same stereotype and not a very good one at that (even the suit and tie guys still manage to have "baby-mamas" and play idiots). I truly have yet to see a black man in my city who deviates from this. Even my best friend who's a black guy fits the womanizing stereotype (considering he's a single dad o.O ), I always pick his bones for it, and he admits that this issue runs among the community. I also avoid Muslim men, but that's for very obvious reasons. I don't tolerate any of that "women are bellow us" religious crap. (point of reference: I've dated Asians, Indians, Dominicans/ Latino, and European white)

• I will not date any race that isn't black, mixed/mulatto, or Caribbean Latino. It's easier for me to say what races I would date vs all the ones I wouldn't. No racist, we can be pals, but I don't see myself compatible with other races long term. Number one, I'm more attracted to those races and number two we have a more similar culture. Some white guys are cute, but that's about it.I'd never date an Arab, Indian, Asian, etc

What Guys Said 1

• White girls usually because they're easiest and I'm only after long term relationships