Is this a sign, or just a crazy coincidence?

My ex is getting married soon. Against my better judgment, I wrote him recently letting him know I was happy for him. He handled the situation badly (from my perspective). He preferred to be with someone else, but never "broke up" with me as much as he ignored me and hoped I went away. Despite that, I am happy for him. I didn't expect to hear from him because he and I have since parted ways, but it's hard to say you are happy for someone and then always say I don't choose to maintain any sort of connection (friendship or otherwise) with you anymore. I felt like my feelings aside, he was making a positive step in his life and I am happy he found someone that makes him happy.

Anyway, today I logged in to my email. To be fair, my e-mail isn't working quite right. It needs to be fixed but until then, I often receive duplicates of things I've already read or have read things that show up unread the next time I log in. But today, when I logged in and was cleaning out my inbox I found an unread e-mail from over a year ago the first time my "ex" chose to tell me he wanted me out of his life because he wasn't man enough to tell me he was dating someone else.

Do you think this is a coincidence, or a sign of some sort? What should I take a year old unread e-mail (almost to the date, it was sent a year ago tomorrow) to mean? Or it only a really weird coincidence, even though I emailed to tell him I was happy for him?

Most Helpful Girl

• That person below is right, this is just a coincidence and you are blowing it out of proportion because you may want him back in your life and you believe that there is still a chance for you's both in the future. Trust I've been in the same situation before, you need to let him go if he's happy you should be too. Yeah I get he ended things badly with you and you may not be happy about it, but it's time to get over it. Its been what about a year now? Its been a year, haven't you moved on with your life? Because he has, and it's time for you to make that move aswell. The email you are talking about did you happen to read that before like when he wrote it a year ago? If not that's why it is marked 'unread' you probably forgot to read it cause you were so angry at him and now you have discovered it you think it is a sign? Exactly, what kind of sign do you think it is? A sign that you's two should get back together? No. A year unread email clearly means that you forgot to read it, or as you said your email wasn't working quite right that could be the explanation for this situation. You read the email but your email has a glitch and marked it as unread. It is really one weird coincidence.

What Guys Said 2

• There is nothing called signs or fate,it's just coincidence

• It is a coincidence. But people take these coincidences and give them meaning because they want to believe something...In this case you want to believe there is still something between you and him. Let me guess, deep down you want him in your life?

What Girls Said 1