Did you miss your prom? If so, why?

I missed my prom because the girl I made plans to go with moved away. I wanted to share my prom experience with her, so I no longer wanted to go when she wasn't able to go.

On the day of, I saw a few of my friends and their dates in color coordinated tuxedos and long dresses, and I must say, they were absolutely stunning. I remember them giving their dates corsages, taking pictures with them, and waiting for the limousine to come. I remember feeling envious because I made the terrible decision not to go. I was a party head so I figured hey, it's just another fancy party. I was wrong, and to this day I regret not going.

Does anyone else feel this way? If you did go to your prom, how was it? Was it one of the best nights of your life?

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't go to my prom because my boyfriend at the time was too old to go with me. There was an age limit of 20 and he was 24. He didn't want to go anyway so it wouldn't have mattered. I didn't really want to go anyway but I suppose not going because my ex couldn't was my "excuse."

Never really liked the whole idea of being in a hot crowded room with a bunch of people I couldn't stand haha

What Girls Said 8

• I went and had a lot of fun that night, but it would have been better with a date or large group of friends. I was with 2 girl friends, so I didn't get to dance with any guys, and we basically stood and talked the whole night. Sure there was some bouncing to the music and singing along loudly and idiotically, but no couple dancing, and when the slow song came on, I almost cried about not having someone to dance with. The fun part was going out to dinner afterward in our fancy dresses and getting stares. If you didn't have a date or group of single friends to go with, it wouldn't have been much fun, because at the prom, EVERYONE is dancing with their date. The WHOLE TIME. Even if you go with friends, if they have a date, they WILL dance with them the whole time. Single friends are the best... lol

• I don't miss it, but I miss what it could have been. I went to my junior prom and thought I was having a good time, but then it was just filled with drama, no good songs to dance to and my date was a guy that had just wanted to be friends with benefits. He just kinda stood there and acted like he didn't even want to be there. It sucked, so I never went to my senior prom. I wasn't the most popular girl at school, so no one ever asked me to a dance. The times I did ask (to any dance), the guy said no, yes but be friends with benefits, or yes and then next day change his mind. I feel like if I had the right guy ask me, treat me like a treasure, actively want to participate in the prom festivities, I would've felt more inclined to go. However, that never happened and it still hurts so no I don't miss it.

• I missed mine by choice. The dances at my high school sucked. There was no variety with the music and it was a small room with a few hundred hot bodies pressed together. I went to 3 different dances in high school and each one got worse, so I didn't want to bother with prom.

• :'C missing prom always sucks...I missed out because my mother forbade from going.

I wish I would have gone but this year the odds are stacked for me :) and this year will be a lot better than if I would have went last year.

• I didn't go to mine because I moved.

• Not my senior year. We were gonna go, but at the last minute we decided to do something else instead. It was a pretty great night regardless. I think prom is super overrated.

• I'm the opposite.

I went, and I regretted going. It was a snooze fest.

• I didn't go to my prom because I didn't feel comfortable going with a guy and I didn't want to go alone and all my female friends were either in my old town or already had someone to go with...

I'll live.

What Guys Said 5

• My Girlfriend at the time was a Sophomore, so I went to the Soph Hop with her, I DJ'd the Junior Prom, and took her to my Senior Ball.

I was supposed to be going via limo with 2 other couples, but both of them broke up about a month before, so I had to drive us, and that sucked. My prom was in a hotel ballroom in downtown San Francisco, and I damn near fell asleep driving home at 2am. I was still living at home, and she was only 16, so there was no way we were getting a room or anything like that (quite a few other kids did, though).

It was a good night, and I'm glad I went, but I wouldn't say it was the best night of my life or anything. I had many better nights once I'd moved out and didn't have to deal with parents or permission.

• I missed it on purpose. I was vilified/ostracised in senior high school and as a result no girl would have wanted to go with me anyway given said reputation. I spared myself potential embarrassment/rejection and didn't ask anybody, also, I was crushed at a previous event at being some dateless loser and I didn't want a repeat of that; my ego wouldn't have been able to handle it. I look back on it and truth be told I don't regret the fact I missed it; we're due for a reunion this year but I have no desire to be around those people-they're in my past for a reason and belong there.

• I was too scared to ask a girl

• Didn't go, for obvious reasons :P

• I missed my junior year prom but went my senior year. Junior year the girl I wanted to go with (who as it turns out wanted to go with me too) was already going with another guy she wasn't in to. We ended up getting together the next week and went the next year. Had a blast. Not sure it would've been nearly as much fun with a random person.