Age Matters?

I'm 17 and I like this guy that 22. he likes me. He has no problem with my age and I have no problem with his. we are really close. I know its kind of illegal to have sex but if we didn't have sex is this relationship okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be realistic.

Of course, sex isn't necessary between you, but it would probably happen: link

You might be interested in what you find on this site concerning legal ages etc : link

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes age matters. For one, he gets to go to functions that are 21 and above. You don't. This can pose a problem. Right now the gap is just too big because of what is going on. He's out of high school and you are still in it. He is legally and adult and you are not. He's an older guy and has probably had sex and will eventually want it. Down the road when you are 22 and he is 27 it isn't that big of a problem. I'm sorry but it's just not right.

• im not judging, so please don't take this wrong, because I don't know you or him, but you have to ask yourself, why is a 22 year old interested in a 17 year old. I'm 22 and would NEVER date a 17 year old guy, too big a difference where we are in our lives. would you date a guy who was 12?

but if you do seem to be in the same places in your lives, and you get along well, I say go for it

• i'm 16 and my boyfriend is 19.

when we are together we see each other, not our ages. it's amazing. the relationship should be wonderful without sex. but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a perk. the key is: do you love the sex and the company or do you love him?

• I want to get in the relationship because he cares about me. not for sex or anything like that but most people think that the only reason that he would want to date me.

• You don't need to have sex to keep a relationship strong and intimate. :S