Should I offer to contribute on dates?

Went on date with this self proclaimed alpha male, he insist on taking care of the bill on our first date. On the second date I was trying to be thoughtful to offer and he let me contribute to it.

Some told me a true alpha would not allow the girl to pay. And some even said by offering to contribute I'm not letting him be the man. Should I still offer to pay next time? Or should I just not offer and let him pay and then say thanks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Offer, mean it, but don't argue about it.

Whether he accepts or not has nothing to do with him being alpha.

• Alphas take care of their pack

• To me a real alpha don't describe himself as alpha cos he has no need to convince others he is one.

I dot think paying is beta. It's alpha cos he can take care of his potential partner

• I understand both points of view.

IDK. I think worrying about whether something is alpha is not very alpha.

What Guys Said 4

• There's no harm in offering. If something so small will make him sensitive towards his manhood then you may want to consider finding a more secure man.

• You should offer out of generosity. The guy should pay for the first two or three. Also, someone that calls themselves "alpha", is not.

• You should offer. He shouldn't accept.

• If he accepts again then what?

• That's the social convention. If he's not going to conform by paying, then I guess you don't have to conform by offering. Unless you don't mind paying, of course.

And yeah, alpha males aren't self-proclaimed. It's kind of like how only really dull people ever describe themselves as "crazy".

• I wonder if I don't offer wil he ask me to contribute. If he does it really how's he's not alpha lol should I say hey that's not very alpha of you :p

• Offer to pay and mean it, if he says no then that's his choice

What Girls Said 1

• When I date guys, we switch off so its equal or who ever asks the other person out will pay. But I always think its polite to ask to at the very least split it.