Do you guys think dating a friend makes the relationship better? Or Dating someone you just met?

Do you guys think dating a friend makes the relationship better? Or Dating someone you just met? and how long does it take to get to know them to start liking them?

• Dating a friend
  • Dating someone new

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is easier to start dating someone who isn't a very good friend. I'm not saying its better just easier. Because if you start a relationship when you were already good friends it can sometimes be hard to get past the just friends stage. But sometimes this type of relationship can be better because you already have a close connection and don't have to worry about them liking you as much. The down side to this relationship is that since you probably already know each other so well it can get boring because you don't have any new things to find out. And if you break up it could and probably well destroy your friend relationship.

What Guys Said 8

• Haha. It's funny or I am becoming cynical these days but dating a friend is one of the last things we see in real life. When you are talking "friends" you are already in friendzone and that's done deal. I am yet to find one girl who dates her long time friend. I read stories about some of them but they are rare. People get tensed about what would happen to their friendship and other times if things don't work well dating friends is the worst decision ever 'coz you lost a friend.

• I do agree with you... that's why I am asking the question and because most of the guys that I've been seeing these days aren't really that trust worthy.... long story but yea... if your in a "friend zone" it is hard to jump to the relationship part... because most girls and guys feel that it might get weird if the relationship doesn't last, esp. if it ends in bad terms... idk... relationships are complicated

• Taking the risk to date a friend is not worth it and also if you are going to date a friend think why you guys were friends to begin with if there was so much attraction - wasn't it a sort of trickery, deliberate attempt to go under the radar. It's true a good relationship has the foundations of a good friendship but in a romantic relationship both - friendship and attraction comes together and a platonic friendship rarely grows into a romantic relationship.

• Also most people make friends at work and in most work places dating someone from work is out of bounds. So you need to be able to relate to people who are not your friends. It's good to be social and all that but at times life throws you some awesome challenges when you would stumble you have a rigid thinking process. So keep an open mind and use common sense. That's the way to go.

• When I was 18, I used to think it was wrong to date friends. I still don't know if I was right...but I would give it a try now if I was single.

• dating someone who you already know well is so much more rewarding

• Its easier to date a friend cause you know so much about them already but keeping that in mind, dating your friends can be like dating your siblings you just don't do it.

• I don't think tis good to date friends. I personally think its better to date someone you just met...plus I find its hard to be friends with someone your very very attracted too...better to just ask em out as soon as a good oppurtunity arises...

• I agree with the part that guys should ask out girls whom they "like" instead of being too scared to and settling with being just friends but also people should get to know each other - meaning being real friends - before jumping into dating.

• I would rather date sumone new, it's exciting cause you don't know what ur in 4, you know? You find things out and the person gets more and more interesting and the relationship gets stronger as you find out bits and pieces of that new person ur dating.

• well this brings up the question of: what about classmates/coworkers

u don't really know them, yet you work/study with them, can you date them

if you wind up breaking up with them, it makes things awkward, ya know?

• Dating someone new! I mean you know too much about a friend, lol

What Girls Said 9

• Dating a friend definitely makes things a lot more comfortable. . . unless you break up. Still, I prefer it to dating someone I just met. . . that never seems to work out for me.

• I'd rather date someone in-between: someone whom I've recently met but also have talked to a bit so I know how they are. From too many bad experiences I need to know what the guy's like before even "crushing" on him but also the longer and better I know a guy the more we're both in the "friend zone" and I maybe even start talking to him about other guys.

• from experiences: dating a friend is really nice. You both know how to have a good time and you know them/what they like.

BUT...if it ends badly you could loose them as a friend and that suckks. So I just go for someone new. Get to know them a little, then hope for the best lol.

• i wouldn't date someone if we weren't friends first

• I like getting to know someone better before actually starting to date them, so I say dating your friend over someone new.

• dating a friend would make the relationship easier because you already know quite a bit about one another and obviously like one another but then if you break up it could b extremely awful

• I rather date a friend because it's more comforable and I know them more. It would be easier to trust them because I knnow so much about them. That will hellp make the relationship last long and more serious in my opinion.

• a friend for a relationship, but dating I guess could go either way. if its gunna be something serious though, definitely a friend.

• I would date a friend at least you know what they are like already. But then again also dating someone new is nice the getting to know them part and it is exciting.