Have you ever started dating someone only to find it extremely boring?

Compared to when things weren't official?

How long were you and the person not official and how long until things got...boring

Just curious, anyways please rate the question please :)

• No
  • Yes! God Yes!
  • It was kinda boring but I still really liked the guy/gal
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Most of the time it happens because you realize you're better off as friends.

I'm not a friendly guy, so f*** that sh*t. ;)

What Guys Said 9

• Hasn't happened with me, but I've been told I was that person lol.

• She looked all right BUT she was such a bore and she wanted not only to remain a virgin but she wanted to remain untouched too.

• What wrong with a girl saving herself for the right guy?

• something like this happened to me too about 10 years ago. This girl with a killer booty grinded on me at the club all night. She came home with me and brought all her friends along. So we fooled around in the bed and I tried to bang her. But she told her that she was a virgin, catholic and saving it for marriage. wtf right! So I totally passed out and promptly kicked her out first thing in the morning. No dating without sex. Sorry!

• It started the same way (but she was saving about everything for marriage)

I wasn't that radical because she was a kind girl.

We stayed together for a month or so until my patience was used up. I moved away without drama, letting her gravitate towards her just as boring friends.

• Yes I have found a few really boring and it is a tragedy played in front of my eyes , good for a f*** but nothing else in common.

I find these in men too but I don't date them nor have sex LOL!

• Kinda, but not really. I kept things interresting.

• Yup

• haven't had enough gf's to have that happen yet

• Yes, oh yes... for a girl being pretty is not enough to hold the interest, I've dated some girls who made it extremely difficult to maintain even a simple conversation, I was like: "What the hell.. I'm outta here!"

• Yeah, I dated girls that had nothing in common with me. All we had as sex, and it didn't last. No compatibility.

• Not boring, but when I found out she listened to Rap I realized then having any sort of intelligent conversation was out the window. The rap was enough but when she quoted Kanye West & LlL Wayne as being "artists", I knew she had Lll for a brain.

What Girls Said 14

• Am I ADD, or have too many guys I've dated shown to be horrendously predictable or boring? Man, I couldn't believe a guy doesn't believe in adventure until I've dated at least one (BIG time). Never. Again.

If I can help it, I will evade at all costs.

I want a guy to dance in the rain with, and someone my family doesn't have to approve of. We could elope in the middle of nowhere, or... somewhere on the beach, for all I care. Sweep me off my feet, Mr. Boring. Ugh... Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be one of his adventurous "flings," because that's happened to me as well. It's the worst when you tell a guy everywhere you want to go someday, and he leaves heading there-without you.

I've had experience to both extremes-and I choose the less-boring, more-dangerous side. Save the STD's.

• I've had relationships that changed and weren't the same after a period of time but I don't know if I'd say boring. The few times this happened I knew them for a year or more and after a year or so of being "official" things changed. We either grew apart because we grew individually and knew what we wanted and/or wanted different things. Other times the feelings just diminished which could of been on me or the guy, I don't know.

• boring people make mi want to act super crazy to make up for the fact that they are that way.lol

• Yeah. I usually like nerds but this guy was unbearable. All he ever talked about was math and music. I mean, I'm okay at math and I love music but neither are really conversational pieces.

• I'm not even in a relationship and I feel that about my friends>.>

Hmm..but if you want to get technical, friendship=relationship. Hence o.o "ship"

• well since I don't assign the boyfriend status to any men until hanging out or going on dates for a while, I usually am able to weed them out quickly and move on.

• He was very shy and didn't like to talk, so except for sex, there was NO stimulation.

• Yeah. He was a bit boring but still pretty hot!:)

• lol...at least his body held your attention ^_^

haha..that would make things a little easier

• Nah. I find dating stressful. Am I the only one?

• Yeah sometimes it can be. And it also depends on who the relationship is with. The one I'm in currently? Least stressful relationship I've had. Which is really good.

• I envy you! My boyfriend stresses me out without meaning to most of the time and I think I do the same to him. We have so much miscommunication and so many misunderstandings. From personal experience then, would you say that boring is bad?

• Just saw this question. Totally happened to me. First two weeks we knew each other were amazing... could practically marry the guy (but you, obviously not really). But they were AWESOME. Conversation was awesome, sex was awesome, he was awesome, I was awesome... and then it just died. Like, DIED. Went to dinner for weeks and all he did was stare at me... agreed with me on anything controversial. It was just SO boring. He wasn't up for someone having any different opinions than him. He also didn't like coffee, alcohol, cheesy popcorn, fruits, vegetables, lace, sushi, seafood, soda, perfume, girls who wear makeup. It got old, FAST.

• Wow, a lot of dislikes of this guy...

Hope you got someone more interesting :)

• lol sorry your q was so old! didn't see that. psh yeah, I learned that I can be flexible only up until a certain point. I could probably add more to that list. We actually only broke up like 3 weeks ago, but I've been talking to a few other guys lol

• no, once you guys reach a certain age, or if you "click" well enough, you should have enough stimulating conversation and sex to keep you going for a while (: that's the beauty of being in love. its give and take, you help each other with your problems, and if you are both exciting people I guess with exciting lives, things should never get boring because there are always new things coming your way.

• i;m always the boring one...

• Yes, but to be fair, thinking maybe I hadn't given them a fair shake, I continued to date him briefly. However, for me, he was boring. I'm sure that he isn't boring to other women, just as I'm sure I am boring to some and not others. Happens to everyone, no big deal.

• Have you ever dated someone because everyone was pressuring you into it? I have.

• No, that sounds terrible though :/

Why did people pressure you to date?

• He liked me a lot, was always talking positively about me to everyone then people would make me feel bad because I wouldn't give him a chance, I was deemed a "b**ch because I didn't want to date him, just be friends, so eventually we wound up dating, and turns out he's was a very self-absorbed person. But that's the past.