Guys/ girls would you date someone who is a Christian?

a lot of people I know will as soon as they know someone is a christian walk away. Just curious about what people think? why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes that's what I look for.

• does she have to of remained abstinent or would you still accept her

• I would prefer her to abstain(because I plan on saving myself), but if she wasn't I really don't know. I think we could work through it though.

• it takes a real man to admit to that

What Guys Said 9

• Given most American say they're Christians, somehow they're dating.

I think the key is most Americans say they're Christians but also have sex before marriage.

• i don't believe in god but I have no problem (at least not a big one) if she believes in it, just don't bother me with that nonsense.

if she's going to church here and there, like a few times a year that wouldn't bother me either, but every week, yeah, that's a problem.

• Sure, if it's the right girl. She can't force her beliefs on me/be offended by my beliefs. As far as like saving herself until marriage, yeah if I like her enough I'll date her, if not, I won't. The fact that she's christian won't have any effect, it's more how she acts about it.

• I'm an Atheist and I dated a Christian for a good 4 months. At first when we started to know each other and got into the dating stage, she kept saying that she wouldn't date because I was not a christian. She soon fell for me and made It clear that she made the decision to date a non christian. I did promise to attend some church sessions and she got me a bible (Never read it or used it). It can work as long as they are aware not to force their religion and belief.

• I would date someone who was a Christian. The problem I find is not so much their faith as their application of it.

If they're one of the type that's very judgmental and political about it, that's not attractive. But being a Christian and having a set of beliefs and values they try to live by is fine. I'm a Christian myself - but not into the political and narrowminded applications of it some have.

• Personally I'm Atheist and I don't care if she goes to church or reads the bible everyday or whatever but as long she doesn't force her beliefs down my throat then it's all good.

• nope I only date jewish

• No. People who call themselves Christian are generally from some Protestant faith, and by trying to get away with calling themselves Christian, they are automatically trying to say that anyone who isn't their faith (like the Catholics) aren't Christians.

I just find that level of exclusionary thinking to be disgusting.

• so are you saying everyone is like that?

• People who call themselves Christian generally are.

• It is maybe because you are a religious freak and not just christian

• i'm not I was just asking geesh

• I said maybe and from what you just said I would say you are a bit too much.

• each to there own I guess

What Girls Said 3

• I don't pay any mind to what someone else's beliefs are, so long as they don't push them on me. I must admit, church could be kind of annoying if the guy wants to go all the time... I'd be more into a guy who just generally believes but doesn't need to go prove he believes at church every week.

• Oh, I would date any man who could turn water into wine :D

But christians are against all the things I enjoy from fornication to smacking dogs in the face. That is... they're supposed to be, right?

• I'm a Catholic, and I don't mind what my partner's beliefs are. My boyfriend is a Muslim and we don't try to convert each other. We have discussed the differences and similarities between our faiths before though and we have pointed out what we don't agree with, but there isn't any conflict.

I have had an agnostic boyfriend before. Our ethical values were almost identical. The only difference was was that he thought it was okay to download illegally.

I don't think it matter what the other person's faith is. The more different it is from yours, the more interesting their views will be, but obviuosly your morals have to match. If they are the same faith, then there will be no conflicts on marital views and others.