Is online dating pathetic or desperate?

I'm thinking about signing up for match or eharmony...is it considered desperate?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not desperate, but being successful on the site, is something of a skill.

It's basically a numbers game, and you need to know how that game is played if you want to get good at it.

Just like knowing some basic probability would help you get good at roulette, or horse racing.

What Girls Said 5

• I mean, it doesn't really matter what we think because the people who are on the dating website are the one's who will be dating you.. not us. So, I guess you guys could be "desperate" and "pathetic" together...? Lol

• No its not desperate or pathetic I think its a good way to meet people and see how you guys connect not just physically but emotionally you get to learn more about each other and actually communicate you know a lot of people just want to hit it and quit it now a days

• Yes, since you're not in your 40's yet.

• no!

• I couldn't do it .

What Guys Said 6

• It used to be, but I don't think so anymore. I mean some people will think it is, but when you think about it, some people don't have the time to go hang out a bar for awhile and try to meet people or join some sort of organization, but they do have the time schedule dates and all. Plus in this age pretty much everything else is done online, why not be able to meet more people?

• If it's because you're too shy or insecure to get girls in real life, yes it is desperate.

If it's because you just don't have time or something like that, no.

• The stigma of being desperate that went along with online dating is long gone.

• I think it's pathetic really for the fact of having to pay.. I think it was here or another site shows how they make money or how they say if you don't find a match within the time frame they refund you or something like that.

• think of it as one more place to meet girls.

• I'd almost never be able to meet women without a dating site - I work 10 hour days with all men so how else am I gonna meet women?