Is Finding Nemo the best Pixar animation to date?

I go through the list, with my other favorites like Ratatouille and Toy Story 3, but Finding Nemo is to me the most emotionally satisfying Pixar animation to date.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think Toy Story in general is the ultimate. I think it speaks to that feeling we all had as kids when we thought our toys had feelings. I think that is why it resonates so well, is we can all relate to that, and then sympathize with the movie which makes it a great kids and adults movie. Toy Story 3 was an especially heart wrenching one, but so so so well done.

• Yeah Toy Story certainly has nostalgic value - it was the first film to be produced by Pixar, and the movie that put Pixar on the map. I really love the philosophical starting point of Toy Story - that every object has its purpose, and for any toy the sense of purpose comes from being played with, and loss from separating from the child. It's a very poignant premise to build the plot upon.

• That said, Finding Nemo to me was the movie that really put Finding Nemo over the top and made Pixar into what it is today. Pixar thoroughly outclassed Disney with this film - beat the champ at its own game. It just brought so much to the table.

• Nemo was interesting because they actually educated the animators on fish biology. Every movement was crafted into a movement that a fish would actually make. Animation wise it was brilliant. Story wise, it was cute and a great premise but personally, I am not ready to call it their best story

What Girls Said 6

• finding nemo is good, I love dory. and another pixar movie I love is monsters inc

• +1 for Monsters Inc.

• Monster Inc is underrated. It was a short film but quite good.

• yea not many talk about monsters inc which I think its weird cause its a brilliant movie

• To me, "UP" was the most emotionally satisfying Pixar animation. Toy Story 3 was probably the next. Finding Nemo was good, but won't put it as top 3.

• I love finding nemo haha! but I also love the Toy story movies, but I will agree finding Nemo is the most emotional animation best to date.

• It was pretty cute. Of course,I love Ellen,so I'm biased.

• I'm between Nemo and Up. I cry at both anyway.

• Monsters inc <3 The sh*t.

What Guys Said 5

• Agreed. Finding Nemo changed the animation game for me.

• Nope A Bug's Life is

• Wow nobody mentioned A Bug's Life. I found it a bit of a sophomore's slump for Pixar but it was a good film. It grossed the same as Toy Story at the end of the day. To be fair it was a bug's life which consolidated Pixar - more than any other film. The second movie proved that Pixar was not a one-hit wonder.

• Finding Nemo is the best but a Bug's life and Monsters Inc is great also

• I like UP.

• I think "UP" is, for the first 5 minutes alone, the best Pixar movie to date.

Then I'd put The Incredibles.

Then I'd put Wall - E.

Their most recent one, Brave, I think is one of their worst. Really missed the boat with that one. It was almost like a Dreamworks movie or something.

• Agreed about Brave - it came out after Dreamworks had made How to Train Your Dragon (which is better than brave), kinda stole their thunder a bit.