Do not date an ex again? true or false? why

Here is the scenario.You guys were you early 20s you meet and were in college. You meet them later in your 30s would you say this is still an ex for a reason? why?

Most Helpful Guy

• 80% of the time, getting back together with an ex is a BAD idea, because the same things that caused you to break up are likely still present. If you didn't like the ride the first time, why do it again?

The other 20% accounts for situations where there was a one-time event that screwed something up (loss of a parent, not getting into the college he wanted, having to be long distance, etc.) that has been completely resolved and put behind you.

So, yes, it can occasionally work, but only under certain circumstances, and the odds are still strongly against success.

• OveraII more than 80 percent of relationships do not work out anyway,

• Yes, but I'm not talking about relationships overall, but specifically relationships with ex's. And in most cases, relationships with ex's don't last very long at all, because you quickly remember why you broke up in the first place.

• i think overall more than 80 percent relationships do not work

What Guys Said 5

• Think of it like you're a behavioral psychologist. Where are you both now, in comparison with when you first met?

Have his issues been dealt with, and have yours?

Do you still have reservations, or were the reservations all his?

A friend of mine, not me, of course, was well into his thirties before he developed the maturity to honestly claim to have left adolescence behind. I came out of the womb a perfectly formed adult.

But I can imagine two people who met in their twenties, still having issues in their thirties. I mean, they do say 40 is the new 20, don't they. I hate "they", by the way. When I find them they will bleed.

They may be right, though. If he's still the same guy, and you don't sense some big sea change in yourself, just stay friends.

That doesn't mean you have to leave the benefits out, of course. ;-)

• ^ This, it generally doesn't work out.

• True. If you're not finding some big change in either of you, or between you, and aren't in need of a friends with benefits that you don't care about hurting, then stay away.

I don't know when one of those would come in handy, but I can't speak for everyone.

• A lot can happen during that break. I would say one is cautious, to see if change has occurred for the better... But I would also be a healthy skeptic.

• Depends. Why did you break up in the first place? Have things changed that led to the break up?

Have you both seen the world and come to realize you are, not perfect but, the better match for each other than other people you have dated? Does he feel the SAME way?

In the majority of cases, not a good idea to go back. Perhaps this is the exception that proves the rule

• No, I don't think it's a good idea. Typically the relationship ended for a reason so I don't think I could.

• Once a Ex always a Ex but its your decision because they can still make the same mistakes over again

What Girls Said 5

• it's a bad idea. I wouldn't get with my recent ex boyfriend. why? cause he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship...then he was seeing a girl ...haha. I doubt that lack of character is going to change. when he asked to be friends later on, I laughed.

• not really,u were too young at first,now you are older and hopefully wiser

• It's never a good idea. Issues of the past will always re-surface.

• Honestly it depends on how things ended. A lot of people say "no, once ex always an ex." Which in most cases yes, they should stay an ex. But tbh that expression always irritated me because to me it depends on two things how things ended, and if you've both changed. People do change and grow not all but some. If you've both changed and worked on yourselves then yes, I do believe you can have a relationship again.

• It would depend on the reason honestly. If it had anything to do with him being too into partying, wanting to hook up with other girls, cheating, just wanting to "be single and play around," or completely taking me for granted, then no, he gets no other chance. It shouldn't be okay for him to have his cake and eat it too. Discard me to play around and then get me back once he's ready. Should've thought about that before.