How do I explain I given up on dating and trying to find some to my kids?

hi I am a 35 year old single dad of two my kids. they keep asking when I am going to get a girl friend and get married again. I am really tired of this question and I yelled and I told them I gave up looking. which I did if I can't get the girls I am attracted to to give me the time off day I am not going to try any more. I just stay in the house either laying on the couch in bed set at my desk watching TV I have always been a very shy nice guy but have grown tired of rejection. if I start getting the the feeling for adult intimacy I just get plowed that help me for get about what I can't have and pass out. I can't make any one want to be with me so I don't try I even tried on line dating sent thousands of replays and never hard back I did it for 5 years.

PS there mom has very little to to do with them how do tell them they will never have a mother again my boy is 6 and my girl is 7.

i don't know were else to look only hang up I have is I have to be older I do wish I had a big family that just a pipe dream now I am not the best looking or the smartest

ill just get bombed pass out that helps with the lonley ness

Most Helpful Girl

• "I told them I gave up looking. which I did if I can't get the girls I am attracted to to give me the time off day." I understand this, attraction is absolutely necessary, for both you AND her. Is it possible that the girls you find attractive enough to date, are girls that are, comparatively speaking, more attractive than you? If that's the case, you can hardly blame them since you don't like girls on the level as you either. Your only options are to give girls like you a chance, or improve yourself.

What Girls Said 5

• its OK to take a break from love. just focus on being a good father. love will find you in the most unexpected places, as for your kids, they're young this time is precious when there older they drift. so spend as much time making memories with them now :)

• Tell them you will get married when they get married that will get the topic off the table for at least 20 more years.

• A lot of times people find someone once they stop looking...

• Just be yourself , Stay focused on your kids and life . A lot of times things happen when your not looking for it .

• Just say you want to spend time on yourself, improving yourself...and actually do it. You do seem nice, and I am not trying to be crass but losing weight would probably do wonders for your esteem and lady luck.

• I think it was Einstein who said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...

What Guys Said 2

• Not really sure what you should tell them.

Maybe you should try to explain to them that a girl friend is not just something you can order and get in the mail.

But I think it's sad that you have given up.

You have already identified one of your problems, that you are very shy.

If you would dedicate lets say one year of your life to overcome this shyness and perhaps work on others aspects of yourself at the same time you would be amazed who quickly you can change yourself. Perhaps you should start working out and not just laying on the couch in bed set at my desk watching TV. I'm not judging, just saying.

After this year of dedicating yourself to yourself you can really become a new person. And you would still be young and be able to live the family life you dream of. Every journey starts with one step.

• Update: If you don't want to change for your own sake do it for your children. They deserve to have a happy father that hasn't given up on life.

• what about losing some weight? don't you think that being fat is probably one of the biggest factors why women say no to you?