Does being a single parent make dating harder or easier to find a quality mate?

Does being a single parent make dating harder or easier to find a Quality mate?

• YES
  • NO

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely harder like, you seriously have to be on top of your sh*t to be picked by a guy that doesn't have a kid himself.

What Guys Said 8

• The issue with single parenting and dating is that there are so many more complications that arise. For starters you need to be a parent first, which mean taking care of your kid(s) and making them a priority. Dating gets complicated, because;

A: a lot of people tend to bail on someone with a kid. (admit it; both sexes are guilty of this)

B: you have to be careful of who you bring back to your kids.

C: you have to worry about who actually meets your kids, because kids can bond, and ask complicated, difficult, or even painful questions if/when that person isn't around anymore.

D: there's also the question of time, and time management, and how you're going to make sure your kid is taken care of while you're out on a date. This means babysitting, daycare... this takes arrangements, planning, and money.

Now, some people know all this, and know how to manage this kind of stuff properly, and easily, but some don't. Furthermore it requires whoever is dating a single parent to patient, and understanding. Especially if it means less physical intimacy, or worse, sudden interruptions. Yes these things can happen. Getting a date is easy. Even when you're a single parent. Keeping the date? Finding a decent person? Someone who's understanding? Finding a "quality mate"? That can be hard enough even without kids.

I don't know. I think it's harder. But some people get lucky. Some just have it easy.

• I don't think you're going to get an effective answer from this site as most will be of a vastly different age range. If I met a girl around my age who was a single parent I wouldn't even be remotely close to getting into a relationship with her. With age comes maturity and I'm sure many guys would be OK with that.

• Well I'm not single but I would not mind to mingle - with you haha.

• It doesn't make a difference if you go the gym regularly, eat super healthy (no flour, no sugar), dress well, groom well and are always in a good mood.

You can have it better than a single girl with no kids that doesn't do those things.

• I would think harder.

• Kids make everything easier, just as a rule of thumb.

• For one thing, potential matches always wonder why you are single. They wonder if you are divorced or widowed. But I do not think it is tough to find another quality mate.

• Probably harder. Players go to single mothers. Selling those dreams.

What Girls Said 3

• I personality think it would make it harder. But it depends I guess.

• Makes it WAY harder. I'm a single parent.

• thanks for your input

• But I have a boyfriend who respects me and the fact I have a child. He's very mature and has a good head on his shouldersso I guess I got lucky haha.

• No my sister actually had better luck.