When do you call a girl after the first date?

We went on a date last night. So how many days after the date should I call her to ask her about another date? The date went overall well. Good conversations, laughs, etc...

I want to either call her today or tomorrow. So when should I do it?

• Today (one day after the date)
  • Tomorrow (two days after the date)
I'm leaning towards tomorrow, but the reason I don't want to wait longer than that is because she's a shy girl. Probably a tad insecure and I don't want to play off on that. Plus she's going home for the weekend and I don't want to have to talk while she's at home...

Most Helpful Guy

• Read the girl on the date. Does she seem to be very into you?

Is she very into communicating with her friends? I'd say that if her iPhone is permanently attached to her palm, you might want to shorten the wait a little.

When I'm reading dozens of emails and texts and checking voice mails all day, then someone waiting a few days between responses seems out of the loop. Like they haven't spoken to me in a month. So much else has wandered across my screens, it seems like they don't really want to talk to me much.

On the other hand, if she's not constantly connected, maybe a little more of a social introvert, then you may want to let her mull it over a day longer. She might feel hassled by the comparatively constant contact.

I think of it as a scale with loner mountain girl on one end, and cosmopolitan socialite on the other. Hell, I'm on that scale too, I guess, sliding from one end to the other depending on where I'm living and working and playing.

What Girls Said 6

• I would text just to let her know you had a Good time, and you are look forward to hanging with her again,.

• There isn't a "rule." Unless you are into playing stupid games. If you like her & you had a good time, call her the next day & tell her. Then ask her out again. That's very simple. If you try to live by somebody else's "rules" you will screw things up & miss out on your real & true relationship with people. Just be yourself.

• I'm calling her tomorrow :) Hope things go well!

• I called. No answer. Left a voice mail. No response :( It's been a long time. She had to have seen it. I don't know where I screwed up on the date...it's pathetic.

• Don't be so hard on yourself. There can be so many reason's she hasn't responded. Like she's busy working, family issues, sick, etc. But it may also be that you 2 didn't "click." And that isn't anyone's fault, it just happens, no matter how well the date went. Chemistry has to happen for both or it doesn't go. Maybe she's not over someone, that holds people back, & there's nothing you can do about that. I think I'm guilty of that at times. Chalk it up to life & keep trying. 3>

• If your first date went well then you can call her the next day telling her you had a great time and would love to take her out again.

• text her the day after. call two days after. either 1-2 days is still very good etiquette, so yay for the gentlemen.

• The day after, any longer and she'll think you're not interested

• A day later would be fine,

What Guys Said 6

• Don't wait. Seriously, she's probably thinking about you and is probably thinking "hope he likes me and hope it went well". Send her a nice text saying you really enjoyed the date and look forward to seeing her again soon. Then after a few days send another to arrange a new date :)

• I see you're not going to take anyones advice unless we say today or tomorrow. I don't understand why guys say..oh she's shy...so I don't want to wait...or seem uninterested.Bull! even if she's a little shy..doesn't mean she's stupid...or isn't sure about what she wants. Leave her along through the weekend. Call her Monday night. Ask her out for next Thurs. Don't screw this up !

• Edit..leave her "alone" through the weekend.

• I'm pretty sure you know who this it :P I'll explain more about her "shyness" when I see you online next. It's more than just that. The read I got from the date is that if I wait until the weekend is over, I won't get a positive result.

• Ha ha...okay..

• after one week

• Finally someone who thinks like me! lol...if you're being serious.

• i'm pretty sure she'd love it if you talked to her the next day, let her know you're still interested instead of making her guess if you're just waiting to talk to her later or didn't like the date.

only reason she might have to not like it would be if she didn't like the date.

• One day. Let her know that you had fun with her and make small talk. Too often people wait a day or two and leave the other person paranoid until they hear from them, I hate that feeling.

• 2 days