Engaged, every time we talk about setting a wedding date he does something hurtful to push me away.

I'm curious to find out the guy's opinion on this one. I am engaged to a 43 year old man that has never been married. He pushed the engagement and usually is the one to bring up the marriage. However, I have noticed that every time we go to set a wedding date, he does something the next day to make me furious and push me away. He says they are done randomly, is very remorseful and won't admit that he may subconciously do this because he's scared to get married. Anyway, last Sunday we set the date. Monday I was working on putting together invitations with his sister and found out later that day he went and spent a large part of our savings 30K without telling me. Do you think he is commitment phobic but can't admit it. The funny thing is, I don't really care if we get married. I want to either do it or not, so people will stop asking us "when's the big day?"

Most Helpful Guy

• Weird he brought up marriage and yet evasive when press for a date.

What Guys Said 2

• Ummmm run like the wind. Away.

• He wants to marry you, but is probably somewhat afraid of legally tying the knot.

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds a little like my problem.. We've been engaged 4 months now, and talking about a wedding is VERY sensitive, he just changes the subject immediately. Does it mean they asked us to marry them, gave us the ring, and that's now enough for us?