My situation sucks with my boyfriend, how can I salvage it?

I'll try to keep it as short as possible! We've been together four months. He never texts me, he will ignore my texts. He never makes plans enough. And it drives me INSANE.

I've talked to him about it before, and this week I just stopped trying. No texting. No plan making, to make him miss me. But I've also been mean to him which I HATE :(.

Now he is trying but not enough. He stil hasn't made plans but he says he misses me, loves being with me, etc..

Should I talk to him about it, once and for all? And just tell him I have expectations for him to very easily text me throughout the day to make me happy and for him to make plans with me at least three times a week? And that if he's not willing to make me happy, that he's giving me no choice but to leave him?

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• "tell him I have expectations for him to very easily text me throughout the day to make me happy and for him to make plans with me at least three times a week? And that if he's not willing to make me happy, that he's giving me no choice but to leave him?"

Yes, do that. Guys generally don't understand how important communication is to a girl, because it is so unimportant to us. It's really hard for a guy to understand how something which he considers so trivial, can be so vitally important to a girl.

Tell him.

What Guys Said 3

• It sounds to me like he's saying things like he 'misses you' and he 'loves being with you' only to keep you sweet... He's doing the minimum that he can get away with to keep you hanging onto him. You should not have to tell him to text you, nor should you have to detail to him your expectations of the plans you expect him to make with you each week... These are things that he would do naturally for you if he felt the same for you as you do him!

If you could emotionally detach yourself from this situation (easier said than done of course), how much do you think this guy really feels for you when he doesn't text you, doesn't reply to your texts, doesn't make plans with you despite you already having spoke to him about this and basically shows no interest in you?... After 4 months you're still supposed to be in the 'honeymoon period!' lol

You can not dictate your expectations to him... Either accept the way he is, or better still, find someone worthwhile who actually wants to be with you!

Good luck with this... I can appreciate situations like this can be very difficult, especially when you're emotionally involved.

• I'm pretty sure your boyfriend wants you to listen to "Just for Show" by Atmosphere. Or at least look up the lyrics.

• I really can't be bothered reading another one of your threads

If you're having so many issues with him, just break up already

• the last thing I will do is break up with him, ill do everything I can BEFORE I break up with him because I care about him. can you answer my question now?

• Honestly if my Girlfriend was to give me a quota of how many times I have to take her out a week, I'd tell her to blow me and dump her for being a needy bitch.

But then again, that's just me

• then how to I talk to him about it in a way that isn't anoying?

What Girls Said 2

• Um...You are being a little over the top. Don't you know that guys hate using their fingers to text so much? Yes you should talk to him about your expectations, but tell him you want to know his thoughts as well. The fact that he is trying shows that he does care. Maybe he doesn't know what sort of plans to make. Is he the shy type? Maybe that's why he isn't responding enough. Maybe he doesn't know what to say to you. You can try asking him random questions likeee... "do you think the turtle in finding nemo was high? " try to get him to open up some more. Are you his first girlfriend?

On another note... Is he a player? Untrustworthy? These are all factors you have to keep in mind. What if he's just saying thAt to keep you?

• He's opened up completely, we've been dating for four months not a week.

• Oh... Sorry babe. I guess it's pretty obvious that he's only doing the bare minimum. Do exactly what you said you would. And if he can't accept it or responds negatively then you should leave. He's not making you happy.

• Yes, it sounds like you need to talk to him tell him how you feel ask him what you don't understand and see how he reacts if he seems like he doesn't care or is acting indifferent then tell him that you need more out of the relationship and if he can't give you what you need then you'll have to look for it somewhere else.