How much space should you give a guy you're dating?

I'm casually dating a guy right now and I'm not sure how often I should contact him like texting/calling. I've had problems in the past where I've came off as too clingy so I was wondering what are the basic rules for contact? What should I avoid at all costs? What's the happy median for casual dating contact?

When I was casually dating my guy, we would text everyday and text just throughout the day. Like we would almost like take turns initiating the contact, then carry our convo throughout the day, cutting it off at night or sometimes carry it over to the next day if one of us fell asleep. But we are both very talkative. We love communicating with each other and always have a ton to talk about. That might not be so in your situation. What kind of guy is he? Is he communicative? Or reclusive?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think texting once in while is the way to go. If you text constanlty then it shows being clingy or even seeming desperate. Maybe once a day or every two days would be OK. It doesn't show to much clinglisness. I think it depends on the guy. Some guys likes it when girls text a lot and others don't. Me personality it doesn't matterh ow many times a girl text me. It matters that she evens takes the time to do it which means a lot in my book. How often do you and him text each other?

• Usually once a day, like either he or I initiate it and then we just text throughout the day back and forth. So I'm not sure how that would count? We text a lot but usually he starts it and then we just carry it through the day. You know what I mean?

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the best answer.

• No problem. It was very helpful. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Just text him every other day or something. Make sure you guys are communicating like for like. Like if he is doing long texts then you can replie so but if you write super long texts and he just replies short answers then that means he's not really into texting that much. I would keep it at minimal though with texting. Once a day or every other day is fine.

• wait a few days and see if he contacts you if he doesn't send him a text saying hey how are you or something.

• i like my space and I give my guy his space. everyone needs time apart and room to breathe. Just contact him every few days or so just not everyday. whatever makes you clingy than do the opposite

• I'd go with what everyone suggested here.

Much luck...

• Mt boyfriend always initiates everything talking ,going out .he initiates about everything .it kinda gets annoying at times .