I need advice. I'm confused, worried and I'm getting to a point where I'm breaking down. Please help. Someone?

Okay. So this year has been so rough, I've had two surgeries, one a major one on my spine. That was in February. In may I started dating my current partner. I was still a mess from things and I wasn't sure I was ready to get into a relationship. But I did so anyway because I thought that maybe it could be amazing. And it all has been. But recently I just graduated from school so my partner and I aren't used to seeing each other everyday. But that is not it. About two years ago I dated this guy for a little while but study and parents came in the way. So we stopped dating. Recently I've been talking to him and he is a great friend. I've even made new friends and they're all really nice and easy to talk to. But that also means we've been hanging out a lot more. Last weekend I was at his place with a friend of mine and his for a drink up and a Bon fire. Later on we ended up in his bed and we were just laying there spooning and I thought I need to talk to him. So I did. And I told him I still have feelings for him and that I could see us getting married because it is just something I could see. But I also stated that if we were to ever date again it would be when we were older. My partner and I keep fighting. At times when I need him to act older and more mature he just doesn't. I love him but I just need him to not take everything as a joke.

But now I can't get the other guy off of my mind. I thought everything would be better but it is but it isn't. I don't know what to do. I didn't think I'd need to talk to anyone but here I am. I contemplated a family member or a friend but I just couldn't do it. Advice? :(

What Guys Said 1

• Let's see if I got this right.

You are not happy with your current relationship. You like an ex to the extent that you consider marrying him someday.

Personally I don't see why you are in a relationship you are not satisfied with especially when you are interested in another guy to the extent that you consider marriage in the future. I'm not judging but it doesn't really feel genuine to your current relationship. Are you just keeping your current boyfriend until the other guy is ready for marriage, or what is your plan?

You are still very young and I don't think it would be wrong for you to be without a relationship for a while and work things out with yourself.

• Thank you for the comment. It helped. You've given me a lot to think about and helped a lot with a course for how I think things should go. Thank you again!

• You are very welcome. I hope things work out for the best!

What Girls Said 0