Would you rather date an eternal optimist, or someone with a little edge?

Do you want to date someone who's always up, never lets things get them down, sees the silver lining in every cloud? Simple, easy to understand, they just want to be happy.

Or would you rather have someone who can get rationally upset with trying people and times? Complex, sometimes inscrutable, but redeemable.

• Simple and easygoing.
  • Complex but rewarding.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh God, I think I'd be annoyed with the fact that a person is always cheerful. I try to look on the bright side, but sometimes things get me down too. It's nice to hear words that could make you feel better and make you see the positive side again. But sometimes that just annoys the hell out of me! I knew a girl in school used to be like that. I don't believe that someone can be positive and happy all the time. That just ain't right to me.

What Girls Said 1

• Dating a Mary or Perry Sunshine would get old after awhile. It might make me want to smack the crap out of them. LOL

What Guys Said 1

• I like how so far the votes show women have it easier. Men just want women to be simple and easygoing so that's easier to be, but women want complex and such and damn that's a lot more work. Basically, women have higher expectations.