Wasn't a date? Call her again?

Went 'out' with a former co-worker last week (we both left the job in the past month). It wasn't set up like a date. We did it through Facebook. Had never been out together before. Had a great time eating dinner at a nice little place down the block from her apartment. We hugged before and after, said we should do it again sometime.

Well, I texted her a couple days later and she didn't reply, though that isn't uncommon, and I know she keeps very busy with school and her new job. Anyway, I was just given pro football tickets by a friend of the family. He has season tickets that have been in his family for about two generations for the 50 yard line, only 6 rows up. A few home games though a year he's working and he just gives them away to friends. Well I have tickets for next week's game. The problem is the girl I like happens to prefer our rival.

What I'd like to do is call her, not text. If I leave a message that works. Just say something like 'Hi Linda, a friend of mine gave me some awesome tickets for next week's game. Know you aren't a _____ fan but maybe you'd want to join me and go root for the visiting team? Give me a call back".

That sound good?

Well I gave her game details and she joked that despite not caring about either team that could be fun. She was out and about though and promised to call me back later when she could look at a schedule and make sure she had no prior commitment
Haven't heard back, but like I said, I know she's very busy. I was thinking I'd call her again Tuesday if she still hasn't called me back.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't make it into a question, just say "Hey I got some tickets to this game, Come join me!"

No need to put Airs on it... I don't think that's how you spell airs.

• I was thinking I could just say they are for awesome lower level seats and if she says 'yes', surprise her with how good they really are.

What Girls Said 4

• awesome

• aounds very good,give her a couple of days and she doesn't respond take someone else

• Awesome! Hope everything works out. And, a bit of advise if her team does lose, do something nice for her to cheer her up. This is distract her and guide her in a better mood.

• Yes that sounds pretty good. I have known of married couples who do not like the same teams.

What Guys Said 1

• If she is a Bears fan, don't do it. Any other team this will work.