Religion...

Okay, I know I'm about to take a stick to a hornet's nest with this one but oh well, it should be interesting.

I'm not a bad person, I keep to myself, have a sense of humor, a mysterious aura, a caring, respectful personality and once the right girl comes along she's going to have a very happy life.

But... I hold absolutely no confidence in any religion. I do not believe there is a God and in my 20 years I've been to church only three times, planning to return only for funerals because I come from a religious family.

I do not believe there is a God, I believe that the Romans witnessed something they couldn't explain at the time, such as a powerful volcano or earthquake and the only explanation at the time was something beyond themselves.

My question is, are there any girls out there who have similar views? Not exactly Atheist just don't believe in any religion.

Or a better question, are there any girls out there who can live with a guy with such a belief system?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess you could say I have similar views, since I don't believe in religion. I believe it's essentially just a coping mechanism, and I don't feel like I need it in my life.

So yeah, I'd probably be just fine with someone with your beliefs. Religion's not really even a part of my life. It would be harder for me to deal with someone whose religion plays a large part in their life. Don't get me wrong, I love people in general regardless of their beliefs, but I couldn't date someone very religious because we wouldn't see eye to eye.

• A coping mechanism maybe on one level, I think it's a method of control.

• For Elron Hubard it was definitely a control method. Either that or delusion.

What Girls Said 7

• I have. I'm Christian (Protestant to be exact)-and I've been out with guys who don't believe in God or w/e and I was fine. I think it maybe because I'm not hard-core religious either and I look for certain traits in guys I'm with most of the time---so it's ok.^_^

• My mom is Catholic and my dad is basically an Atheist. I've heard both sides of the argument, and even though I was raised Catholic, I choose not to decide between them. I don't say that there is a God or that there isn't one. So I would say I don't necessarily believe in any religion. And considering the fact that I do live with someone with such a belief system (i.e. my dad), I could definitely live with a guy with such a belief system.

• Wow, interesting pair your parents make. They must really have something special together to be able to live with each other like that.

• They're opposites in almost every way, but they've been together nearly 30 years. It's made me a very tolerant person :]

• I'm an athiest and you certianly sound like one. I don't know what makes you say "not exactly athiest" cause that's the definition.

But anyway, I would love to find me a guy like that! A lot of people are turned off by my lack of faith and I'd love somebody who wouldn't constantly try to make me to go church or "save my soul."

So, keep on lookin', cause there's some of us out there!

• Well I don't really consider myself atheist because atheists have a problem with religion. I don't have any problems with somebody else believing what they want to believe.

But anyway, I wish you were a year older I'd ask you out lol.

• Makes sense, I try not to get involved with religious opinions whether they be atheist, catholic, muslim, jewish, etc.

My last girlfriend was more or less an atheist, at least from what I could tell. Now that she passed away I was wondering how many other girls out there weren't religious because it seems like every girl I come across now is madly religious...

• I have a problem with people being persecuted and killed BECAUSE of religion NOT BECAUSE they believe what they do. I Have absolutely no problem with someone having a different belief its their choice but History is filled with atrocities done in "the name of GOD" Any human that is ok with burning people alive, blowing themselves up, torturing, or trying to commit genocide in the name of a "god" or religion should be hated people need to get angry about some of the things that are occurring in the world

• At this point in my life, I don't believe in any religions. I would love to find one I believe in 100%, but no luck. I do believe strongly that there is a god though.

And no, I don't think I could live with a guy with that belief system, I don't know why, just couldn't.

• I've taken a look at a large number of other religions myself, none of them really called to me either. The only religion I would ever consider believe it or not, is muslim.

• im catholic and most of my friends aren't at all religious.

i've come to terms with the fact that the guy that I end up with most likely wouldn't be religious, it doesn't really matter to me. people should believe what they want to believe and let others be.

• Nah there are religious guys out there, they're just not on every corner.

It's nice to see someone with the ability to disagree, but be respectful in doing so.

• Most of my friends are not religious but I still like them...I am catholic and I believe their is a god aslong as you don't try 2 change my point of view I am okay I don't see why any girl would have trouble with ur point of view... hope I helped

• No, I respect everybody elses beliefs, so long as tehy don't try to shove them down my throat.

• No disrespect but I personally don't understand how people can think God doesn't exist

What Guys Said 2

• No athiest worth his/her salt is actually an athiest. You can't disprove anything, but you also can't disprove Zeus, or thor, or leaporcons, or the celestial teapot, or Scientology, or whatever.

• Good for you.. I believe in things that have substantiated evidence to back it up... Religion to me is so obviously made up and total bs... HOWEVER i realize that it is also a cultural thing and I believe everyone is welcome to their own beliefs