Dating a guy that has a girlfriend?

I only met this guy a week ago, but he seems to be interested in a relationship. However, he has a girlfriend that he's been dating for 4-5 years. He is in this 40's and says he's not interested in marrying her. But he doesn't seem to want to end things with her until he's sure about me. I've told him I don't date guys with girlfriends. I like this guy and enjoy his company, did I ruin my chance with him? or will he respect me for this?

Most Helpful Girl

• If he really liked you and wanted to be with you then he would finish the relationship with her. If he is not happy with her and is happy with you

I think the best thing that you can do is stop all contact with him and move on. The guy clearly does not know what he wants and it is not fair on you. It is also not fair on his girlfriend either, how do you think she will feel if she finds out?

Also what's to say that he would not do the same with you later down the line. It sounds like he maybe scared of comittment and a bit of a player.

What Guys Said 1

• The more important question is...do you respect him for doing that to his girlfriend (who probably thought that she invested 4-5 years in hopes of marriage)?

What Girls Said 1

• If he can leave his girlfriend of years for a girl he just met then he can surely leave you for someone else. Think about it. And no I don't think it ruined your chances with him.