Have you ever been dating someone for the first time in a long while, and just decided you weren't ready to start dating again?

Have you ever been dating someone for the first time in a long while, and just decided you weren't ready to start dating again. Had to many responsibilities or just to busy to mess with it? What if the person you were dating was an outstanding individual. Treating you with respect and an all around nice person? So you broke it off thinking about trying with them when your life calmed down some...

• Yes, I did break it off
  • No, I wouldn't break it off over just that alone
  • Checking answers
Girl did this to me. Just doesn't make a lot of since to me :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always got too much going on and I'm afraid I can't handle the craziness of romance and my life ALL mushed up and smashed together into one BIG glob of mashed potatoes with CRAZY gravy on top! It's too much!

A guy would have to be really awesome, super chill. Most guys they are like a can of worms and then the worms all all shooting out into the mash potatoes and gravy and wiggling around and wearing party hats and screaming wormy chants at the top of their lungs and it's so insane I have to remember to sit down and breathe and then I feel like crying because it's all way to much and of course at that point I'm already falling in love.

What Girls Said 4

• I did it at the end of my senior year of high school. Before I went out with that guy it had been almost a year since I had been dating anyone seriously (well, serious for high school). I got with him but in the second semester I broke it off because I really wanted that time with my friends and to focus on college and AP exams. I wouldn't have if he wasn't so goddamn clingy, though.

• ... just break it off... if you want to (or if she wants to)... ?

• I did that before ... the guy was a pretty good person, but not a good fit for me. If my life had been calmer, I might have tried it out longer, but the combination of my life being crazy and me not being over someon else, plus small things that pointed towards a lack of connection between us ... I broke it off because I respected him too much to keep it dragging on and on. Being respectful and a nice person doesn't necessarily mean the two of you are a good match.

• I was in this exact situation but did not break it off because he was great. Instead I talked to him about how I was feeling and he understood but convinced me all would be OK. I would say that there is more to it for her.. She just wasn't that into you

What Guys Said 1

• I listen to your heart ..

• Hey you commented on my question, but didn't actually put an answer... do you have any suggestions ..