My ex texted me. What is his motive?

He sent me two texts in one day after 3 weeks of no contact. The last time we spoke I told him I'd appreciate it if he didn't contact me from now on so I was surprised when I saw a text from him.

His first text asked how I was. I didn't reply. A few hours later he sent another text saying 'I'm just trying to be me here. Not anything horrible. Anyway, I hope life is treating you well.'

I broke up with him because I felt I was the one always putting effort into the relationship. He was always distant towards the end and it hurt too much to stay with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he gave you time to think about things and getting over the relationship and he wants to be friends? Maybe he wants you back. Maybe he...God, honey, only he knows ;)

So if you wanna be friends with him and you want him in your life, text back. If not, he's a waste of effort. If you text him back, you'll find out his motives in a while.

What Guys Said 2

• He still likes you, and is regretting loosing you. If it hurt to much the first time, I don't know if it would be easier the second time. It would be best to really think if its worth it for you to contact him again. If not I would not respond and move on.

• he still has feelings for you, and wants to re kindle the relationship, you are best to move on though.

And I feel your pain, I don't like being the person keeping the relationship together either.

What Girls Said 1

• You should think it deep if you are willing to go back, of course with some changes!