Dating outside of my race..is it possible?

I want to try something or rather someone new. I have not dated outside my race before, but have received many date request. I don't know what it is about stepping outside the box, but it feels like I just can't. Like their is to much unfamiliar territory. I don't know what to do, and I'm feeling kind of bad about this. Does anyone have experience in this area? Am I the only that feels this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really is no big deal. You go through the same stuff no matter what the race. You still get to know them.

Yes, there are people who will look at you, not approving,f*ck 'em. The only problem is his/your family, that usually isn't one.

I am white, dated mixed, black, asian, white, just about everything the census lists. What you learn (if you don't know or haven't) is race minor. Annoying, etc is not a matter of race.

Don't live in a box, have fun in the world.

• I really love you comment. Your right..i need to step outside my box! Dually noted my friend!

• It seems more often that older people look at you more. They just aren't used to the mixing of people I suppose

• I sort of agree. But am 64 now, and 50 years ago in "liberal" San Francisco, I was on my first date for a meal (lunch). They looked at us, said we don't serve inter-racial )her, black, me white). We've come a decent way, I think it is more geography than age. But yea, when I go out with my friend (ssian) most looks are from older people. But a good point Brando.

What Guys Said 5

• There's no real unfamiliar territory.

You bring your own baggage with you. If you're going to make it into some BIG THING, then it will be.

If you honestly don't care, then it won't be no thing but a chicken wing.

The next date request you get, say yes, and see what happens.

• You see it as some kind of big decision or something like that...why? People of different races are still people just like you. Their skin color doesn't change who they are, their personalities, culture, lifestyles, etc. do

• Yea I get the picture and I feel the same way. Its def. just me being over analyzing everything!

• It's almost as if...God...like, as if, there could POSSIBLY be attractive people from other nationalities...

• Its not about attraction, I am black and my first crush in life was a white guy. all nationalities are hot to me. Its just a matter of being afraid of..uh I don't know..

• What race are you?

• I am black

• It's possible if you want to take that route. Don't know why you want to though.

• most races should experience this, as there is a lot to know about people once you become sexaully involved, because sex is a unique way of communicating, and we all should try it before we knock it.

What Girls Said 1

• No not at all, I feel the same way to and I was thinking about taking that to actually date someone outside of my race, and I actually did and it was that bad as I thought it would have been we are actually to like each other. anything is possible, believe it