Is he not truly into me or is he just holding back?

We live extremely far away from each other, he lives on the east coast and I live on the West coast. We met while on vacation and we were in touch here and there after that. Then I went to his city and we spent time together which we both very much enjoyed. Ever since then, he has been in touch consistently but only through text (but when I was out there, he called me). He tells me he misses me and that he thinks of me often and such. Asks me how I'm doing, texts me good morning and such. But it never seems to get farther than that and it has been a month now. His text messages never get past "how/what are you doing? followed by an I miss you". I have initiated a bit more afterward, but he doesn't respond. I still feel like he is not trying to get to know me more, he just flirts. On one hand I feel like he is into me because he reaches out to me most of the time and I don't feel like he would be leading me considering we live so far away but on the other hand, how come he doesn't want to talk more? Would a guy continue to lead a woman on even if she lives far away?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes because if all else fails,you will be there,i wouldn't even be in a ldr ever again,did twice,the fact that you can't be together more often cause even more stress on the relationship,I will never put my self through that drama again..learned my lesson

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• tbh I don't think anyone can properly answer this I mean it could be many reasons the only way your really gonna know is by directly asking, if you don't want to do that you have no choice apart from to completly pull back an see if he comes forward or jus carry on the way things are, best of luck.

• Sounds like he's putting you on the back burner... saving you for a rainy day. Don't get me wrong, he's into you. No guy is just going to text you everyday. But ldr is a pain... And you two live on the opposite side of the country... The only way that would work is a lot of money and plane tickets. You need to FEEL the connection... Not through a text.