Ladies, how well do you prefer to know a guy before you'll accept a date?

Like how long or how well do you prefer to know him before you'll go out with him? Do you prefer to be friends? Acquaintences? Strangers?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd prefer to know him for at least a few weeks and see him around a few times (for example, if he's a friend of a friend). Ideally, I'd rather be friends for a few months, knowing that there was something between us and getting to know him better before accepting a date. I'd never agree to go on a date with a stranger though - it totally creeps me out when guys on the street ask if I'll go to coffee with them.

What Girls Said 6

• I won't go out with a total stranger but as long as I knew the guys name and some of his interest before a date. I wouldn't know what to bring up in conversation if I didn't know just a little bit about him. But if I was close friends with him then the date might not be as long as if I was on a date with someone I was friends with but not real close just because with a close friend you don't find out many new things so its shorter. Unlike with someone you don't really know then questions get made and possibly kick off things and see if we got similarities to go on a second date or just go to friends but not close of friends. So acquaintances or friends but not best friends. The only way I would go on a date with a stranger would be if I got set up by a friend for a blind date but I probably wouldn't be very interested in the guy if he was a complete stranger.

• I don't really care- for me dates are to get to know a person better

• preferably friends or acquaintances

• I just wanna know what he's all about. I prefer to have seen him around a few times first.

• I'd prefer to be friends or at least acquaintances so you know what kind of person they are and you're more comfortable around them. I probably wouldn't go out with a stranger.

• I would prefer to be friends first but usually guys don't wait that long as ask before then so its only happened once, and that's the guy I'm still interested in after almost 5 years, if I didn't met him I'd probably be upset by how I don't feel right agreeing when they never wanna be friends first.

What Guys Said 1

• It's a wrong question dude - the correct one is how much they like the guy before accepting the date.