How do I convince him to let me pay for myself?

I’m currently seeing this guy, and we've been on a few dates now. The first date, I was okay with him paying for me, but since then he’s been insisting on paying for me on every date we've been on. I've offered to pay for myself and even had to beat him in pool to be able to treat him to coffee. I feel guilty whenever he pays for me, because I’d rather him spend money on more important things, since we’re both college students and have lots of expenses. I also don’t want to feel like I’m taking advantage of him. Is there any way I can convince him to go dutch or at least stop him from spending so much money?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you can be quicker next time and grab the check first lol. Try talking to him, tell him you know he's chivalrous already, you've been on a few dates, and it would make you feel good to be able to treat him too, once in a while.

In the mean time, don't feel guilty, he's choosing to do this of his own volition.

What Guys Said 4

• Midway through the meal, get up to use the restroom, give your credit card then.

When they bring you the bill, tell him he owes you now, didn't his mother warn him not to order the expensive food or girls would expect things from him.

• lmao @ "him to go dutch" I never knew there was a saying like that, but it makes sense. Where did it come from?

oh back to your question, tell him on your next date, that your taking him out and he'll be your lady tonight or errhm gentleman :)

• He is paying for things because he's either a gentleman (who are nearly extinct) or may feel that entitles him to some other benefits (sexual favors).

I'd be careful about that. I like paying for my S.O. and even once in awhile I let her pick up the bill.

• DOING WHAT YOU PAY FOR WHAT

What Girls Said 1

• next time just pay the tip...tell him that eating out can get expensive and you aren't comfortable with him always spending money on u..maybe instead ask to cook for him or him for u