There's a prevalent American attitude that welcomes MORE benefits and rights that women demand to enjoy and be entitled to, yet at the same time, chooses to keep a tactful silence as a means to reject the corresponding fair-share of duties and liabilities associated with true "equality."
I'm trying my best to make this question unisex, and answerable by both men and women.
Guys, how do you feel about a girl who expects, or prefers, that you pay for the lion's share of dating expenses? Yes, that means that a girl may "make her own money" or "offer to pay" or "actually pay for stuff here and there," but at the end of the say, when all is said and done, if you sit down to take a look at how much you each contribute towards your dating expenses, she has somehow managed to have you pick up the lion's share of the tab. Are you more likely to be in a sexual/romantic relationship with such a woman, or less?
Girls, your question is NOT whether you expect a man to pay, or prefer that he pays, or whether you pay for dating expenses. We all know that would offer a way-too-easy-back-door-to-escape from. Instead, your question is: how do you feel about a man who does not pay disproportionately more than you do for dating expenses? That's right. If a guy isn't picking up more of the tab than you are, on average or over time, does that impact how you feel about him in a negative way? Do you think less of guys who don't cover more of the expenses of dating than you do? Do you think more of guys who pay more than you do towards dating? Are you more likely to be in a sexual/romantic relationship with such a man, or less?
- I am more likely to feel negatively about a (W who expects a M to pay more) or (M who pays less than a W) for dating expenses, and am thus less likely to be in a sexual/romantic relationship with such a person.40% (2)92% (11)76% (13)Vote
- I am more likely to feel positively about a (W who expects a M to pay more) or (M who pays less than a W) for dating expenses, and am thus more likely to be in a sexual/romantic relationship with such a person.60% (3)8% (1)24% (4)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I couldn't answer, at some point I may pick randomly because I'm interested in the answers.
I'm happy to pay if she appreciates it.
I'm happy to split.
Things that are frustrating?
- wants her career to be respected the same as mine, even though I made sacrifices to earn more and she's doing a glorified hobby
- doesn't appreciate me contributing more, since she seems to view it as a lucky fluke that happened because I happen to randomly earn more then her
- fully expects me to pay more.
Basically I see a lot of women who pick stupid jobs that pay nothing, assume I chose a job for the same dumb reasons they did, but I got lucky and earn more and hence should pay because that's fair - but don't appreciate it at all.2