Are guys just in it for 'the chase'?

For guys out there, or girls who have a lot of experience: do guys tend to be more interested in girls during the "chase" part of dating?

By that I don't necessarily mean before you sleep together, but just in that period where you're calling/texting the girl more than she's calling/texting you? Once a girl starts showing that she's really interested in you, do you find your attraction starts to die down a little?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are some guys in it for the chase, yes. I think though most of the men are also in it for a relationship too. There is the novelty factor when first dating, so interest is heightened. Even though it dies down, the feelings still (or should) remain.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• I don't chase a girl to chase her. I chase her to catch her. Once I've caught her, I don't expect to have to keep chasing her. That gets old really fast.

It sounds to me like you WANT your guy to keep chasing you, even after he's "caught" you, so to speak. Perhaps he's not giving you the same attention that he used to? Is that what's going on here?

• No, my attraction rises when she reciprocates.

I know a few guys who like the chase, but they're quite rare. However since they chase a lot of women, it may seem to girls like a lot of guys are like this.

• i hate chasing, I'd rather get straight to the point

• For me if I'm dating a girl I'm interested in I find out her interests, likes and dislikes and yeah it can seem like I'm losing interest, its just I'm getting to know her better.

• no if I find a girl I like I go after her 100%

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, but usually only if 1) they're a serial dater who always loses interest after the chase, but you should be able to find this out pretty easily or 2) he realizes he's not all that interested once the chase is over, but didn't plan on that happening. If a guy dramatically decreases his attention and affection for you once you show interest back, that's your cue to run. It should continue for much longer than that, although the intensity will die off some as a relationship becomes more normal.