Text flirting stage: What comes next?

I am in the third day of texting a girl I am attracted to for more than her looks. I have never dated before and am a senior in high school. She is a very nice person (and because of this I can't tell if she likes me back or is just being friendly) and I find that since I started texting with her she seems a little more nervous around me in person but at the same time she still initiates a few conversations with me. I want to go out with her and hopefully have things go well and keep a relationship for a long time (in other words, I would be happy with her even without sex, I just like her as a person).

I have never dated before and need to know how to take subtle steps to see if she is actually interested in me back or if I am living a fantasy. I decided to lay off the third night of texting her to see if she initiates a text chat but I am so nervous I feel like if I don't get a text tonight my efforts are in vain. How can I make it so she knows I like her and have her display approval or disapproval? Any advice on this subject is greatly appreciated, guys and gals.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you can't go ahead and get yourself to ask her out or something forward like that, or at least not until you know more, then pay close attention to how she acts around you versus how she acts around other people. If she acts differently around you, that could be a good sign, depending on what the differences are. Seeming nervous isn't really helpful because that could go either way, but if she's exhibiting signs of attraction (dilated pupils, open body postures, touching her hair, tilting her head a little, pointing her feet toward you, you can find a list of these things on the internet quite easily) then you have a green light. Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• Hangout and watch a movie, and most likely share a kiss?

• Call her on the phone and ask her out.

What Guys Said 1

• STOP... first TEXTING should be OUTLAWED in the land of flirting. WHY? Because while it can be fun, it is just another thing to hide behind.

You need to man-up and just ask her out on a date. You can play all the games you want, and misread all the queues, etc. Or you can just get it done and ask her out. Then you know and she knows exactly where you are.

if she says No... then sure it will be awkward for a time, but if she is a good person, she will appreciate the interest, and time will "fix" the awkwardness.