Does it hurt not to rush into a date?

I'll try to keep it simple. My little brother has a female tutor who is simply adorable, although she is two years older than me (I'm 20, you can do the math!). She is just the kind of girl I see as girlfriend material, because she is sweet looking and not slutty. Unfortunately, the circumstances are so that I can't simply ask her out! I've only talked to her once and it was brief. She is coming in a while and for some damned reason I'm anxious; it's like I'm forcing myself to ask her out on a date now, and there is this internal battle if I should either wait or stop losing time.

So what do you think? Would it be bad to take things slow?

Most Helpful Girl

• Use you brother as an excuse i.e. go in one day and just ask if he is doing well in school then sometime during the conversation add in you'll like to hang out with her and if she would mind you kept contact outside school with her, Then from there you could ask her out i.e. after you have hung with her. Since; you shouldn't give the idea you're flirting with her

What Girls Said 2

• You could try to ask her out and take advantage of the fact your bro needs tutoring *cough cough* 'needs' tutoring ;)

I and one of my brothers is a tutor, I will say that I never went out wtih any guys I tutored and my brother had a girl he tutored who liked him, but said no.

just keep in mind that if you never try, you won't know. I think its admirable that you have the courage to ask her out, and most girls prefer you to ask them out instead of someone else. so good luck! and best wishes. :)

• You've got a great opportunity to build some rapport with her. You can have a friendly chat and lay the groundwork for talking more in the future. Keep in mind that she may feel she has to be polite because you're the kid's big brother and doesn't want to hack off her employer, so keep it light and easy. Next time, maybe find out where she hangs out, what shows she goes to, etc. but don't interrogate. You want the opportunity to interact outside of her "workplace". Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• the complete opposite I think it would be good to take it slow.

I think you should try and talk to her more.

find out if you have anything in common.

she could be the most adorable looking woman on earth to your eyes but if you don't like her personality its never gonna work.

• I would just talk to her for a few minutes and listen closely to her tone of voice. I can tell when someone likes me because of how they talk during small talk. Maybe you can get a good read as well.