What is it with girls and guys with tattoos?

I'm on a dating site, and the number of girls who say in their profile that they love a guy with tattoos. Why? Tattoos don't make a person. What do tattoos(or a guy with tattoos,as opposed to a guy without them) do for girls?

Essentially, what is attractive about tattoos on guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• idk I f***ing hate tattoos. I have found several artistic tatoo pieces that were much better suited for paper. A person can express their style through their clothing. I don't know what's so attractive about permanent pictures on a persons body.

What Girls Said 12

• It expresses themselves without them having to say anything - that's why I think those people like it so much. They get to fit in without first communicating verbally.

I agree, tattoos don't make a person. I don't have attraction for a guy with tattoos.

• I prefer no tattoos or only one or two. My first boyfriend had two of them, they were just there, part of him. I personally have one, but only a handful of people have ever seen it. I don't look for guys with tattoos.

I guess it is the taboo concept that many girls like.

• Personally, I can't stand tattoos. I think they look tacky, especially as you get older.

• It's about taboo. You want what you are told not to have.

I, personally, do not like tattoos, I feel like I wouldn't want to introduce them to my father, and that is a problem.

• tattoos are art ...

it's beautiful ..

it has meaning ..

tattoos are sexy. End of story.

• Woah, getting downvoted for having a different taste. People on here are idiots.

• ^ she wins

• Completely agree! Obviously are not for everybody, but I love them! And most people wouldn't think I'm the type of person that has a tattoo, but they're just amazing

• Do clothes make a person? Don't tell me you have your own taste in clothes. So, what's the big difference?

• tattoos are tacky, that's all I'm saying.

• It's kind of the "bad boy" appeal. I mean, in terms of being with a guy long-term, I would want him to have more sense than permanently staining his body. But in terms of sex appeal, guys with tattoos are incredibly sexy to me just because it makes him seem rougher and more masculine. It's the same reason why I like rough-shaven guys.

• how is it staining his/her body? tattoos represent the person theyre on. there an expresion of the individuals personality. representing ones likes, intrests and even memorials to lost loved ones. what better way to show your respect/love for someone then to carry them with you for eternity?

• They just look more rugged, tough, bada** if you will. Tattoos give off a "bad boy" vibe and we all know girls love a bad boy.

• Tattoos are just really sexy on guys..

• Its just hot.I love guys with tattoos

• Why is it 'hot?'

• Because it is! Wtf?I know what I think looks good and that is it.a hot guy that's tatted up looks even better.don't ask me why lol

• People who look for someone on a dating site aren't looking for people the natural way, so it's more likely that they will have different preferences to most people.

To be honest, tattoos are a turn off for me.

Tattoos don't make a person. It's a bit like loving people who have their ears pierced. It's strange... lol... why would you even consider it when looking for someone?

What Guys Said 8

• It really depends on the girl and the tattoo. I think if the tattoos aren't excessive, are tasteful, and are something meaningful or cool looking, the girls won't really have a problem with them.

At the end of the day, its just another accessory to your look that some people like and some people hate. Everyone has a preference in the style of people they are attracted to. Some girls like the rocker types, others like the jock types, others like the preppy types, etc.

I personally have 3 tattoos but they are mostly hidden, not that big, and all have a meaning, so most girls have complimented me on them, think they look cool, and respect my reason from getting them.

• Nothing is attractive about tattoos...Like most of the "contemporary chic" BS that comes and goes with each generation of the "Wanna be contemporary Chic, in group" ...they think it makes them look "macho" ...or part of some "clique"

Have a look at Ray Bradbury's book " The Illustrated Man"...Science Fiction...

These guys with the Tats covering their body think they are some derivation of that kind of mind set...Their life illustrated on their body...

...and the girls that are just as mindless and stupid...think it is "cool"

I see plenty of them at the gym...and then some of the old guys with the tats that are 40 years old that are disappearing between the wrinkles and body fat...and age spots

Looks great...don't ya think ?

• i hate tattoos and piercings

• Well a fella can get a 2nd college degree or create beautiful art or succeed in business or donate a bunch of his time or money to charity or a fella can get inked. It's all about differentiation from the rest and tats are the cheapest and easiest way one can think of without too much thinking.

I would not date a 20 year old with any serious intentions for her, if her tats would look ridiculous on a 40+ year old woman, because one day she will be a 40+ year old woman, and I don't care to be with a 40+ year old who looks ridiculous.

• Hey bro ... Don't waste your time trying to get a convincing answer about this. It is just plain simple... The world is all f****ed up. The values are all f****ed up. Thy just like it because they think it is cool. I take my frustration out by making sure I do not let anyone with tattoos or piercings get theu the interview stage when I see them as a hiring manager. They have no place where I work.

• Way to judge people by their looks and style. Great...

• +1

Everyone's downvoting him cause they got their asses bruised.

• Good man...you go guy...Who wants an "inked out' moron working for them, with them... I have worked with women are inked out all over and it makes me want to throw up on their shoes..

• I wouldn't date a woman with tattoos because ink demonstrates poor impulse control and decision making.

But I would maybe hit it and quit it.

• Maybe stop whining and go get yourself a tattoo - it's not height or something like that which you either have or don't have.

• I personally can't stand tattoos. They look completely nasty especially on girls. If it matters to you, they are also against God to get them. I have never dated a girl with a tattoo and I don't plan on it either. Don't change your taste or beliefs because the rest of society is cooked.