What's the deal with stuffed animals?

I was just wondering, girls... what's up with stuffed animals? My family was hanging out at my crush's family's house, and I was in my crush's room. She showed me all her stuffed animals she sleeps with. So I was wondering, what's their significance to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a comfort thing, something to hold onto at night when you're sleeping. I still have my teddy from childhood, he keeps me company at night

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not really a huge fan of stuffed animals, so there's not really a significance. I don't like sleeping with them on my bed because I'm a pretty active sleeper and I usually end up rolling over them. Very uncomfortable way to sleep.

But the really really soft ones are great. I just love the way they feel and how adorable they are. When I'm bored, I usually carry my pink hippo (named Bobby) around the house with me just for kicks. And the bigger the better. Easier to cuddle with. It also reminds me of when I was younger. The good ol' days. So I guess I keep some of them around just for that.

• How old is this girl? I don't think it'd be totally weird to have stuffed animals at 17, but it'd be kind of weird to show them off and talk about them a lot.

• It wasn't like that, we were just hanging out in her room and doing other stuff, then she brought them up after a while. She is 14, in answer to your question.

• Oh. Well she's still kind of a kid then. It's not that weird.

• I sleep with a stuffed animal...Idk...I guess it's a comfort thing =}, just something to hug.

• I have stuffed animals because I'm terrified of pretty much all living animals.

• i only sleep with one and the only reason for it is because it was a gift from my now bf. before that I never did. so for me they have reasons to be around.

What Guys Said 2

• I think there something to hold, or hug when you have no one else. And I think their girly, so girls like them? Not sure xD

Maybe they feel expected to have them. And if they don't they'll think someone will think their different, or weird.

But I think this might be the best explanation. So guys are raised to be tough. And girls are raised to be feminine. Now I bet everyone has had a blankey or something when they were 2 or 3. But guys are taught to be touch, and not show emotion. So I think guys are taught not to be attached to things that show they they have emotions. I.e. a Bunny, blanket, etc.

But girls are taught to show emotion, and be caring, and loving. So they hang onto those special things they had when they were young.

• i own a stuffd bambi XD